HCG DIET IS DANGEROUS!!!

Options

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hi ya bunch of anti- HCG folx. Choose to spew off all of your conventional (and might I add boring) nutrition info and propaganda if you like, but try to research what you say before you say it.

I love how all these slim fast drinking, processed food chowing people think they know ANYTHING about nutrition. You are only buying what they are selling my dearies.
    The diet I am on requires delicious, fat free organic meats and produce with no additives and I have a view of food now that is NOT GLUTTONOUS. The facts behind HCG are widely available online. READ UP.

Hcg is a miraculous drug, for me. I have been on injections of HCG for a month and have lost 18 pounds. In the meantime I am learning how to stabilize my weight so when I am through with the program I will be able to live a healthy life, choosing healthy and liberal foods.

I FEEL SEXY for the fist time since I was a teenager.

I worked out and ate 1200 calories a day for 3 months and only saw an 8 pound loss. Now my goal weight is only 12 pounds away. Ya know whats AWESOME? I will get to my goal weight by the end of September, EASILY.
    When will YOU GET TO YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

Hellllo SIZE 7 jeans! :tongue:

I could really care less when I hit my goal. I'm more concerned in how I'm going to keep the weight off. Maintenance terrifies me. :laugh:

Well, I must say from people I know that have done this plan in real life and those of my "friends" on this site and another one I frequent................

The way the foods are added back in after the dosing and the resetting of the Hypothalamus gland give us HCG'ers an edge on maintaining our weight with our new set point................

Wait- from what I've read here- People on the HCG diet slowly add calories back. Right? Or am I wrong? Because as I understand it, this is how I'm going to get into maintenance calories. I'm going to slowly add them in.

I'm not being a smartass- I'm asking because I don't see how doing basically the same thing can give HCG dieters an edge over those of us who are just counting calories.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I also have a silly question...can men take the hormone too? and if you do, do you pee positive on a pregnancy test? could a guy have a positive pregnancy test? that would be crazy if its true huh?
    I most certainly have a dingie (and you may use that phrase if you wish!). I've never 'peed on the stick', but I can say that HCG is in fact the hormone that preggo tests are testing for. I'm just not so sure that amounts that we take daily are enough to register.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    do you get mood swimgs? and tender nips? and all the "pregnancy" symptoms? and if you are a female wouldn't that mean you would miss your period or not have one? cause isnt' hcg in birthcontrol and thats what makes you not period and you have to take the sugar pills to actually have your period....
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    do you get mood swimgs? and tender nips? and all the "pregnancy" symptoms? and if you are a female wouldn't that mean you would miss your period or not have one? cause isnt' hcg in birthcontrol and thats what makes you not period and you have to take the sugar pills to actually have your period....
    :laugh: :laugh: *like*
  • rob1976
    Options
    the conventional and boring method of losing weight...eating right and exercising yadda yadda...this propoganda really does work...check out my ticker! :laugh:
    Check out my ticker! That's all since July 5th...about 6 weeks after "eat less move more" stopped working for me.

July 5th weight: 242.4
    Today's weight: 212.3
    Overall loss: 30.1 lbs!!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    What happens when you go back to "normal eating" though? Surely, you havn't taught yourself good habits because you are relying on chemical intervention?

The way the foods are added back in after the dosing and the resetting of the Hypothalamus gland give us HCG'ers an edge on maintaining our weight with our new set point................

Phase 3 is no sugar, no starch for 3 weeks..............protein, fats, veggies and fruit, nuts for 3 weeks...........

Phase 4, slowly start introducing sugar and starches.................

The hypothalamus resets during Phase 3, there fore when you get to Phase 4 you can maintain the weight loss for life or until you want to do another round..........

Each phase HAS TO BE DONE STRICTLY BY THE BOOK................Any deviation of the plan will cause it not to work and may cause further damage to the Hypothalamus...................

That is why it is imperative to follow it to a T

Thank you for the explanation! I've just read a post on another thread...(HCG diet seems to be a big issue today) that a lady lost a tonne of weight (not literally a tonne) but put it all back on once she had finished the programme.

It certainly isn't useful for people with unhealthy relationships with food.... but a lot of people are highlighting the benefits of the programme, although, I still wouldn't be willing to try it! My boyfriend would whoop my butt for eating so little :flowerforyou:

But Good Luck all :happy:
  • rob1976
    Options

No, I don't get pregnancy symptoms.

HCG is not in birth control. In fact, it is a FERTILITY treatment.
  • Skinnytime
    Options

UUHh - NO! All of the above is untrue. Do some research first.

HGCers this is once again just a thread meant to bash - stay away.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    the conventional and boring method of losing weight...eating right and exercising yadda yadda...this propoganda really does work...check out my ticker! :laugh:
    Check out my ticker! That's all since July 5th...about 6 weeks after "eat less move more" stopped working for me.

July 5th weight: 242.4
    Today's weight: 212.3
    Overall loss: 30.1 lbs!!!

I'm not about to get into weight wars with anyone! Thanks very much :noway:

Both methods obviously work... mine may be a little slower...but I am feeling on top of the world...

Guarantee this thread will be removed in the next couple of hours! Getting hot in here! :laugh:
  • rob1976
    Options
    I'm not about to get into weight wars with anyone! Thanks very much :noway:

I think you mistook my post. I wasn't trying to war with you. Just showing you that I'm winning the battle against fat as well...and I feel pretty f'ing good, too! I don't have to hold my breath to tie my shoes anymore!
  • lorishines
    Options
    Go Lori!!!
    Wow!

Thats right baby. :blushing:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    oh man...well i am fertile mertile as it is so i should DEF not take hcg unless i want like a thousand chiuldren haha....but then again i could have my own tv show and make some money off them:) Thank you for taking yout time and answering to my curiosity....i jsut imagined like men lactating and crying over nothing...and wondered if that is why(not you, but some of the PASSIONATE ones) freak out if anyone says they dont' wnat to do it, because all those hormones lol. I did see hcg on an episode of secret lives of women and it was about extreme diets, thats where i learned about raw veganism, which i think FOR ME(please no one attack me) would be a better option. Same concept, less expensive
  • lorishines
    Options
    Hi ya bunch of anti- HCG folx. Choose to spew off all of your conventional (and might I add boring) nutrition info and propaganda if you like, but try to research what you say before you say it.

I love how all these slim fast drinking, processed food chowing people think they know ANYTHING about nutrition. You are only buying what they are selling my dearies.
    The diet I am on requires delicious, fat free organic meats and produce with no additives and I have a view of food now that is NOT GLUTTONOUS. The facts behind HCG are widely available online. READ UP.

Hcg is a miraculous drug, for me. I have been on injections of HCG for a month and have lost 18 pounds. In the meantime I am learning how to stabilize my weight so when I am through with the program I will be able to live a healthy life, choosing healthy and liberal foods.

I FEEL SEXY for the fist time since I was a teenager.

I worked out and ate 1200 calories a day for 3 months and only saw an 8 pound loss. Now my goal weight is only 12 pounds away. Ya know whats AWESOME? I will get to my goal weight by the end of September, EASILY.
    When will YOU GET TO YOUR GOAL WEIGHT?

Hellllo SIZE 7 jeans! :tongue:

uh whoa...never have i ever heard someone on here throw their weight loss in someones face...i'm glad your passionate, but really? You will go as to that far to put someone down jsut because you happen to lose your weight faster? Very mature....I think if you feel wonderful about yourself and your self esteem is better than ever then that is wonderful and i'm glad you feel beautiful and sexy, but why put others down for slow weight loss? Notice I never said the diet wouldnt' work, i jsut don't understand how it is supposed to cleanse you when you fill it with a chemical or hormone or whatever to "cleanse" you....yeah it works....medifast works, slimfast can work, anything can work if you are consistant with it. But please, just because you might be offended someone is against what you are doing, don't throw your success in their face, you could have jsut made them self sabotage

I said nothing negative about anyone specific. Proudly displaying my RESULTS (just like alllllll the other tickers out there) is hardly THROWING IT IN YOUR FACE!) Sorry for the caps lock but really. If I made YOU feel bad because I am proud of my results, that rests on you.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

ok person, i was trying to be lighthearted but was really wondering it, and i wanted to know and rob has been very nice and answering me without any uneccisary attitude. I'm lazy and don't wnat to hunt down for these questions that might not even be asked(i have weird thinking) so i asked him and he was polite enough to answer me back. Take all that attitude somewhere else missy because i was not trying to be rude, those wered honest questions in my head.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I, for one, didn't buy ANYthing except some healthIER foods than what I was eating before, a pair of minimalist running shoes, & a gym membership.
    I'm very glad what you're doing is working for you. :smile: Your perceived success, however, doesn't mean that people can't have their own success without very literally buying into some diet plan, whatever it may be (slimfast, Weight Watchers, hcg, Nutrisystem, etc.).
    LOL @ the term "tender nips."
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Shes actually trying to make light of a tense situation. And she might actually be interested in what the person she asked had to say.... Just a thought....
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    What happens when you go back to "normal eating" though? Surely, you havn't taught yourself good habits because you are relying on chemical intervention?

Phase 3 is no sugar, no starch for 3 weeks..............protein, fats, veggies and fruit, nuts for 3 weeks...........

Phase 4, slowly start introducing sugar and starches.................

The hypothalamus resets during Phase 3, there fore when you get to Phase 4 you can maintain the weight loss for life or until you want to do another round..........

Each phase HAS TO BE DONE STRICTLY BY THE BOOK................Any deviation of the plan will cause it not to work and may cause further damage to the Hypothalamus...................

That is why it is imperative to follow it to a T

Thank you for the explanation! I've just read a post on another thread...(HCG diet seems to be a big issue today) that a lady lost a tonne of weight (not literally a tonne) but put it all back on once she had finished the programme.

It certainly isn't useful for people with unhealthy relationships with food.... but a lot of people are highlighting the benefits of the programme, although, I still wouldn't be willing to try it! My boyfriend would whoop my butt for eating so little :flowerforyou:

But Good Luck all :happy:

Whomever that lady was didn't do the plan correctly and that is why she gained the weight back...............

There are several people here on this site that have stabilized WELL and are maintaining with no issues...........

My husband respects me to know what I am doing is my best interest, so he doesn't say anything about how I choose to eat. He actually eats the same meats and veggies i have been eating and I make him either a baked white potato or a sweet potato to go along with his meal...............He has lost about 11 pounds also, without the HCG.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options

I was wondering this too. I have some questions, because I'm trying to understand, not be a jerk or anything here. What it sounds like to me is that this is for people who are seriously obese? Like it wouldn't be for someone like me who is at the final 5lbs (that's even debatable) and already down to 18% body fat...then it would be dangerous.

I've been working with a nutritionist recently due to the fact that I work out...a lot...run 4xs a week, karate 3xs and lift 5. 1200 calories just wasn't enough. So I'm up to 1800, all clean, but I need to consume 216g of carbs (complex carbs) a day to prevent my body from burning muscle. From my understanding the body is first burning protein (157g of that a day), then the carbs, then the fat. So I see why you are limiting your carb intake. So is the theroy behind this that there is enough fat to burn after the protein that your muscle will still be safe? Again, then this would make more sense for someone with a significant amount to lose rather than 20lbs or so...am I correct?

frabjak: About your 5 pounds. The HCG only works on unneeded cottage cheese fat. The hormone does not work on the 2 types of good fat that your body has and needs. So, in my opinion, it would probably work on your 5 pounds if indeed you have 5 pounds more of the bad fat to lose. After you lose all the bad fat, the hormone stops working and you no longer lose weight. That is why the doc says you cannot over lose on this program.
    Good luck!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    My husband respects me to know what I am doing is my best interest, so he doesn't say anything about how I choose to eat. He actually eats the same meats and veggies i have been eating and I make him either a baked white potato or a sweet potato to go along with his meal...............He has lost about 11 pounds also, without the HCG.
    Hey that's wonderful! men tend to be diet sabotagers!!! lol....I will tell my dad i want to eat better and he buys 2 tubs of icecream....WHICH I CNA'T DENY.....and I tried a sweet potato for the first time(sweet potato fries) and they are BOOOOOMB!!! thought i would share my love for the sweet potato....haha
  • Skinnytime
    Options

ok person, i was trying to be lighthearted but was really wondering it, and i wanted to know and rob has been very nice and answering me without any uneccisary attitude. I'm lazy and don't wnat to hunt down for these questions that might not even be asked(i have weird thinking) so i asked him and he was polite enough to answer me back. Take all that attitude somewhere else missy because i was not trying to be rude, those wered honest questions in my head.

To me, it sounded like you were just being really rude to Rob and you were posting some sarcastic ridiculous childish comments. I replied accordingly.

Since you say you were being earnest, then I apologize for any perceived snippiness.
    And no - I don't have to take my attitude anywhere. It just comes along:devil:
This discussion has been closed.