working out after every meal?

Options
Is it okay to workout after every meal? I've been doing that lately and i just wanted to make sure its healthy. I'll typically wait about an hour before working out so I dont throw up after eating. I was getting super sick when I first started doing this but after a little bit of reading i found out that it helps if you wait a little bit to workout.

Also.. is it true that if you eat something directly after a good workout that your body will continue to burn fat? Or is that a myth..

Thanks!

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If you're not puking probably ok....but why? You sound a bit obsessed. Calm down..do this sensibly.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a healthy calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Is there a reason why you work out after every meal?
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you trying to achieve by working out after every meal? It sounds rather extreme...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to workout after every meal? I've been doing that lately and i just wanted to make sure its healthy. I'll typically wait about an hour before working out so I dont throw up after eating. I was getting super sick when I first started doing this but after a little bit of reading i found out that it helps if you wait a little bit to workout.

Also.. is it true that if you eat something directly after a good workout that your body will continue to burn fat? Or is that a myth..

Thanks!
    This sounds like eating disordered behavior. Please speak with your healthcare professional.

It doesn't matter when you work out, when you eat, all that matters is your eat at a calorie deficit.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I will feel mega bad exercising after eating, and apparently you do too. dont listen to all of these sick making fads, as somebody said before all you need is a calorie deficit.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just moved to a new city, have no friends yet and i've been super bored so I decided to workout more. I normally do not do that.

That's why i was asking.

im not doing anything crazy, just like for example : 15-20 minutes of jumping rope after every meal to get the sweat rolling
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just moved to a new city, have no friends yet and i've been super bored so I decided to workout more. I normally do not do that.

That's why i was asking.

im not doing anything crazy, just like for example : 15-20 minutes of jumping rope after every meal to get the sweat rolling

who needs friends anyway? jk I understand a lot of people are very social.

If you really want to work out then do it, or maybe find a hobby or visit places?
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you feel okay do it. Listen to your body. It is wise. Take a rest if it's too much. People in construction jobs do this all the time. They just call it work and get paid for it lol????????
  • sbbarber91
    Options
    You should be very careful if you do this. This could be considered another form of an eating disorder. It happened to my friend. They became obsessed with the gym and went every time they ate. I would honestly recommend going in the morning and later in the afternoon if you must go more than once.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why are you working out after every meal?

that's a good way to develop exercise bulimia.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    What you've described is cool. I fit it in whenever I can. 5 minutes here, 20 minutes there, a quick jog around the block... You're never going to suffer from moving more.
  • bperkins88
    Options
    If you feel okay do it. Listen to your body. It is wise. Take a rest if it's too much. People in construction jobs do this all the time. They just call it work and get paid for it lol????????

lol. I'm actually an Operator Engineer in the construction industry. On my feet at least 6-10 hours a day standing in a single spot running a concrete pump with a wireless remote. It's a pretty awesome job, just not physically demanding besides 40 minutes at the end of the job, and 10 minutes at the beginning.

Its winter here though, so we are laid off currently. Wont start back working unitl aprilish. So I am sitting at my new place, trying to find stuff to do. Anyone from the Pittsburgh Area?? lol
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to workout after every meal?

Nothing inherently wrong as long as the total level of exercise is reasonable for your objectives and lifestyle. I have enough trouble fitting in one 60-90 minute session on training days.

Myth

Notwithstanding that your system is more receptive to exploiting protein just after training. Personally I usually follow a session of about 60 minutes with a protein recovery drink.
  • bperkins88
    Options
    Thanks for the information guys & gals