No eating after 6pm!

Options
2»

Replies

• BurnTheFatFeedTheMuscle
    Options
    6 pm is not some magical time in fat burning world where your body shuts down and everything you eat gets stored to fat. The reason this is brought up so often is because the average person eats their biggest meal of the day (dinner) after/around 6 pm and the average person will not move the rest of the night because they will sit down and watch TV.

You are not an average person. As long as you are under your calorie limit for the day then you will be fine. If bodybuilders who compete can wake up in the middle of the night on purpose to eat then I don't think you should worry about eating after 6pm.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    One thing I had to tackle while I was losing weight was my bad habit of mindless night time snacking. I would sit down to read and literally eat an entire can of pringles etc. I didn't even realize I was doing it, it was such a part of my night time routine. I knew I had to deal with this habit, in order to be successful, so I started cutting back my eating window. First I started by not eating after 10pm. Then 9:30, then I kept slowly pushing it back until I was no longer eating after 7pm.

I'm in maintenance now and it's still a rule I follow, though I'm more relaxed about it at this point (weekends, vacations etc). There's nothing magical about not eating after 7pm, but for me it helps keep me on track :smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I tried it the pass few days and I found myself over eating today:(

Sounds about right.

Don't do it again. Eat whenever you want.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just wanted to see if u had any positive results from it.

I have just finished my dinner... It's 7.40 here... I lost a pound this week... That positive enough?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    just wanted to see if u had any positive results from it.

I eat in bed every night and have since a began this journey and have lost a few pounds..... Meal frequency will have no bearing on weight loss... Eat when you can fit in your calories and hit your macros regardless of time of day..... best of luck...
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after 6pm, but it's because I'd snack all night long if I didn't and go over my calories haha.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think it's called eat, stop, eat or intermittent fasting. Some have had great success with it. Just noting what I have read on the subject.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Who has time for that nonsense?! I work. I'm not even home at 6:00.