Don't forget these exercises either......

Allie_Dreams
Allie_Dreams Posts: 138
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Self Image exercises are just as important for us right now as our physical exercises. We need to learn to rethink how we see ourselves inside and out.

For September 1st, I would like everybody to take a moment out of your day and do these three things to benefit yourself.

1. Verbally tell yourself 3 things that you like about yourself physically AND mentally. (BOTH, not just one or the other)

You can do this at any of the times provided below or a time of your choosing...

* Right when you wake up
* While you take your shower
* When you make your breakfast
* While you drive to work or go to school
* When you are at school/work throughout the day
* Whenever you feel down
* Whenever you feel uplifted
* On your way home
* While cooking dinner
* While spending time with friends/family
* While getting ready for bed
* While laying down in bed

2. THINK ABOUT: Did you know that NOT exercising AT ALL is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes A DAY?
(Fear can sometimes be a good motivator, for some.)

3. REWARD YOURSELF: At the end of the day, tell your self how well you did. No matter how your day was (even if you had minor slip ups) because you kept going and did not give up.
Give yourself a VERBAL pat on the back.
(There is more to your thoughts and speech than you can imagine right now.)

Replies

• sometimes this is hard to do if your not motivated... thanks I'll give it a try..
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    This is a nice idea! 3 EACH might be tough but I'm going to give it a try!
  • Think positive! If you make it a practice to do this on a regular basis this will become second nature. Many of us suffer from negative thoughts and a negative self image. We have to stop thinking we can't, this is hard and start telling our selves that we CAN and WILL do this because we ARE capable and worth it. Negative self talk can limit you, increase your stress level. As we learn to change these behaviors we will become more aware of how many times you stop thinking negatively.
This discussion has been closed.