My Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Results!

Options
Well, never thought I'd commit to working out 6 days a week for 3 months but I did it! I am very happy with my results from this program. I still have a long way to go on my body, but this is a great start from my highest weight at the beginning of the program.

It should be noted that I did NOT follow her recommended calories or meal plan at all (I don't believe in eating such a low-calorie diet, so I ate about 1500-1600 calories a day), I did NOT follow the kickstart plan which was an ever lower calorie diet and doing two-a-day workouts, and I really didn't do other exercise beyond walking my dog or sometimes doing another workout video on my rest day (30 minutes or less).

Keep in mind I did this program October through December, which included my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, a road trip, Christmas, all of the holiday/office parties and lunches, etc.! So all in all, I am happy with these results.

Here are my results (I am 5'6.5" for what it's worth):

(Shown as Start — After Phase 1 — After Phase 2 — After Phase 3)

Weight = 163.4 — 158.8 — 153.8 — 146.4 TOTAL = 17 LBS
Body Fat = unknown — 29.1 — 27.9 — 26.2 TOTAL = 2.9%
Upper Chest = 37 — 36.5 —36 — 35.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
Bust = 38.25 — 37.25 — 36 — 36 TOTAL = 2.25"
Midriff = 34.5 — 34 — 31.75 — 31 TOTAL = 3.5"
Upper Left Arm = 13 — 13 — 12 — 11.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
Waist = 34.5 — 32 — 30.25 — 29.5 TOTAL = 5"
Upper Hip = 39.5 — 36.25 — 35.75 — 33.75 TOTAL = 5.75"
Lower Hip = 44 — 43 — 40.75 — 39 TOTAL = 5"
Upper Left Thigh = 28 — 27.5 — 26.75 — 25.25 TOTAL = 2.75"
Left Calf = 15 — 14.5 — 14.5 — 14 TOTAL = 1"
Dress Size = 10/12 depending on the brand — 8 — 8 — loose 8 (can put 6 on but tight)

As you can see, I lost the most around my waist and hips, which is by far my biggest problem area. I still need to lose a lot more in those areas, but this is a nice start.

I think measuring is SO important. I am really learning how the scale does not tell the whole story.

I wasn't going to include my photos, for one because they're embarrassing but mainly because they are terrible. I learned I needed to clean my mirror and try to be consistent with how I'm standing, etc., but I know I like to see pictures so I will put them here anyway.

Please excuse the white blobs; covering my personalized phone case for privacy reasons.

d194d0f4-7e1a-43eb-ad45-63e181704138_zps28b19a56.jpg

beforeafter_side_zpse6ffa2b6.jpg

So those are my results! I really recommend this program. I have never felt so strong. I would improve day to day; it is really amazing. I am doing Ripped in 30 starting tomorrow to take a break from Body Revolution, but I will for sure do the program again in the future.

Replies

• Chelfit
    Chelfit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome results sajero2! What a difference between your before and after pics. Agree with your points on her calorie requirements being way to low. I'm sure that eating more and fueling your body was key to your success.

I recently started JMBR and will be starting W3 tomorrow. I hope I have as much success as you, especially in the waist/hip area as these are my problem areas too.

What weights did you use? For W1 (kickstart) and W2 I used 3/5/8, but found it easy so will be trying 5/8/10 and will see if it's more of challenge.

Congrats on your results!
  • sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You know, I really had hardly any upper body strength (I can do squats and leg exercises all day long but the arms...not so much), so I used 3s and 5s until sometime in phase 2 when I felt strong enough to buy 8s. But even in phase 3 there were some things I used my 3s and 5s for. I'd say go as heavy as you can! If you can use 8s or 10s right away go for it. You'll get even better results!
  • wishings
    Options
    Wow you look great! I see a lot of difference! Go you.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You look great!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really incredible and so awesome you did it with a healthy diet and didn't restrict too much.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    you look amazing congratulation on finishing BR
  • TheNewMrsMahone
    Options
    Wow!!! You did AMAZING!!(: I am going to maybe try this to lose all my fat... :( But I am looking forward to it! Anyway, keep going doing great!! ^You deserve a flower :indifferent: Tehee(((:
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great job and great results! Very inspiring! :smile:
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is very impressive for just a few months! Be very proud!
  • sajero2
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! I really appreciate the nice words. It is scary posting those photos!! :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I just started yesterday and am not planning to follow her meal plans either.
  • DebDesautels
    DebDesautels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome results - congrats! I'm starting it tomorrow although I've started loosely following the meal plan already. I think the calorie level is too low as well and am aiming for 1400-1500 cal/day but using pretty much the same food recommended in the program, just a little more of it.

You did inspire me to take some before pics but I'm not sure if I'll ever post them... But I definitely will if I have as great of a result as you! :happy:
  • hhiggins7
    hhiggins7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have amazing results!!! My measurements are very similar to yours at the beginning so now I know what I can look forward to!! I have three Jillian Michael's DVDS, but haven't used them yet. Now I have seen awesome results from someone doing them so I am much more motivated now!

Any meal options you can share? I am always eating anywhere between 1200-1500 calories.
  • sajero2
    Options
    Awesome results - congrats! I'm starting it tomorrow although I've started loosely following the meal plan already. I think the calorie level is too low as well and am aiming for 1400-1500 cal/day but using pretty much the same food recommended in the program, just a little more of it.

You did inspire me to take some before pics but I'm not sure if I'll ever post them... But I definitely will if I have as great of a result as you! :happy:

Definitely take pictures. Even though I'd take measurements and see the numbers go down, and even though my clothes were fitting better, looking in the mirror each day I'd think, "I still look the same!" But the pictures totally tell a different story. It really helps you to see your true progress. Good luck!
  • sajero2
    Options
    You have amazing results!!! My measurements are very similar to yours at the beginning so now I know what I can look forward to!! I have three Jillian Michael's DVDS, but haven't used them yet. Now I have seen awesome results from someone doing them so I am much more motivated now!

Any meal options you can share? I am always eating anywhere between 1200-1500 calories.

I am a terrible cook, so no, I don't really have anything to share! I just ate what I always ate (for the most part...I did give up Ben & Jerrys!), but watched my portions.

Jillian's workouts really work for me, so I would definitely give them a shot! For me, I hate working out, and the biggest thing is I get SO bored. That's why I like Jillian's style; you get the cardio, you get strength training, and you do the moves for a minute or two and then move on to the next one. So even if it really sucks (and it often does), you know it will be over in a minute! Plus, 30 minutes goes by fast. Give them a shot!
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I'm in week 3 and this was just the little boost I need...I have already lost 6 pounds and I am thrilled with the progress! You did GREAT! Thanks for the motivation!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Positively amazing! I think I will take some before's as well. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Kuly85
    Kuly85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, never thought I'd commit to working out 6 days a week for 3 months but I did it! I am very happy with my results from this program. I still have a long way to go on my body, but this is a great start from my highest weight at the beginning of the program.

It should be noted that I did NOT follow her recommended calories or meal plan at all (I don't believe in eating such a low-calorie diet, so I ate about 1500-1600 calories a day), I did NOT follow the kickstart plan which was an ever lower calorie diet and doing two-a-day workouts, and I really didn't do other exercise beyond walking my dog or sometimes doing another workout video on my rest day (30 minutes or less).

Keep in mind I did this program October through December, which included my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, a road trip, Christmas, all of the holiday/office parties and lunches, etc.! So all in all, I am happy with these results.
    Here are my results (I am 5'6.5" for what it's worth):

(Shown as Start — After Phase 1 — After Phase 2 — After Phase 3)

Weight = 163.4 — 158.8 — 153.8 — 146.4 TOTAL = 17 LBS
    Body Fat = unknown — 29.1 — 27.9 — 26.2 TOTAL = 2.9%
    Upper Chest = 37 — 36.5 —36 — 35.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
    Bust = 38.25 — 37.25 — 36 — 36 TOTAL = 2.25"
    Midriff = 34.5 — 34 — 31.75 — 31 TOTAL = 3.5"
    Upper Left Arm = 13 — 13 — 12 — 11.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
    Waist = 34.5 — 32 — 30.25 — 29.5 TOTAL = 5"
    Upper Hip = 39.5 — 36.25 — 35.75 — 33.75 TOTAL = 5.75"
    Lower Hip = 44 — 43 — 40.75 — 39 TOTAL = 5"
    Upper Left Thigh = 28 — 27.5 — 26.75 — 25.25 TOTAL = 2.75"
    Left Calf = 15 — 14.5 — 14.5 — 14 TOTAL = 1"
    Dress Size = 10/12 depending on the brand — 8 — 8 — loose 8 (can put 6 on but tight)

As you can see, I lost the most around my waist and hips, which is by far my biggest problem area. I still need to lose a lot more in those areas, but this is a nice start.

I think measuring is SO important. I am really learning how the scale does not tell the whole story.

I wasn't going to include my photos, for one because they're embarrassing but mainly because they are terrible. I learned I needed to clean my mirror and try to be consistent with how I'm standing, etc., but I know I like to see pictures so I will put them here anyway.

Please excuse the white blobs; covering my personalized phone case for privacy reasons.

d194d0f4-7e1a-43eb-ad45-63e181704138_zps28b19a56.jpg

beforeafter_side_zpse6ffa2b6.jpg

So those are my results! I really recommend this program. I have never felt so strong. I would improve day to day; it is really amazing. I am doing Ripped in 30 starting tomorrow to take a break from Body Revolution, but I will for sure do the program again in the future.
    amazing!!!! I think I'm a try this after 30ds
  • JazzyLove87
    Options
    Congrats on your results :happy:
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You should be very proud of yourself. That wasn't an easy program but she starts you off slowly.

I love her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD also if you want a change later in the year. It's not a program for 30 days, but fun and only 40 minutes, not too much longer.

Keep up the good work! Happy New Year!