To fitbit or not to fitbit?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip, which is way cheaper but doesn't count flights of stairs or sleep. I like seeing how active I am on average and seeing when I'm moving the least so I can build strategies to move more. I never walk anywhere without it clipped on!
  • pithygirl
    Options
    I have the One, and used it pretty religiously for about six months last year, but when I took up cycling, and it didn't track my effort, I sort of stopped using it. It definitely motivated me to park farther away and walk more and more (in addition to my fitness walking) but once I was in the habit, it wasn't so necessary. And if you DO get the One, I highly recommend NOT putting it in the washer and dryer. Just a free bit of advice.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is good at monitoring steps (running and walking) and overall daily activity. But it is not good with other types of workouts, at least for me. It would give me very little credit for things like Bodypump because I wasn't taking a lot of steps. So I used both.
    Non-step based activity can be logged either in Fitbit or in MFP--never both. If you log in MFP you're asked for start & end times. Then MFP overrides your step data during that time.

If I had to choose only one, I'd get an activity tracker, not a heart rate monitor.
  • milknbeans
    Options
    Well Im definitely more interested in it, and going to wait and see what the Fitbit force is like when it comes to England and may well treat myself to it! Those that have the Fitbit Flex, do you find the sleep recording part useful?