Always over on protein intake...problem?

Options
Iam always over on my protein intake today was like 20 over other days 5-10. Is this a potential prob to my weight loss???

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Review your protein, carb, and fat allocation in your profile. Many members are over the protein intake and if you are exercising and lifting some weights, you do need extra protein to get lean muscle mass.

As long as you don't over do it everyday, I don't think that you have a problem. just make sure that is lean protein and not full of saturated fat.

I am always over my protein and fiber allowance, and under my daily calories requirements. Today I got a warning after completing my diary that I need to increase my food intake. I feel that I am eating a lot already so maybe I should reduce my work out. We never win, don't we?
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    How many g's are you eatting a day? My doc wants me at 40% of my intake... that comes out to about 120g a day. He told me that the body can only handle 4-6 oz at a time, but to eat that much at least 3 times a day, and a couple oz in my snacks. He also told me to wait at least 2.5 hours between eatting, but not more than 4.

I have my goals set at 1200 cals, carbs at 30%, protein at 40% and fats at 30%. I have a hard time getting to 100g of protein a day!