work calories

Options
Does anyone know how to factor in the calories that get burned while you work. I do homecare and my job pretty much consists of taking care of another person, however I have to physically lift my client multiply times throughout the morning.

Replies

• Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ***Multiple
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you should factor this into your daily activity level, not as exercise. go to settings on the top of the page to adjust your fitness profile thingamajig.
  • traveldiva79
    traveldiva79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could consider purchasing a pedometer such as Fitbit. It transfers your daily activity into My Fitness Pal.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    we are given the choice of sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, etc for lifestyle. maybe make your activity level lightly active and that activity level will be factored into your base calorie goal
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wear my Wii Fit Meter during my shifts. I work retail, so I'm on my feet for 5 hours most shifts, 7 hours sometimes too. I count it as exercise because my hours are all over the place.
  • SherriBaba
    Options
    If you walk a lot while working, a fitbit is nice to have. It tracks your steps, flights of stairs, calories burned, and will upload Calories burned to your MFP diary daily.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I work 8 hr's a day on my feet, rarely sitting, lot of walking, bending, reaching, carrying things back and forth (clothing sales). If I am sedentary the rest of my day I still burn enough calories to maintain at MFPs moderately active level.