On Here Too Many Times Per Day

13»

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I don't understand the question. What do you mean "not be on here all the time?"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i'm here A LOT :laugh:

i just log as i go
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Give pre-logging a chance! Think about what you're doing for the next day and do a rough estimate of what you might eat when, then come back and adjust it later. That's what I do when I'm unsure of where I'm going to be.
  • I tend to log my food as soon as/just before I eat it. Mostly this is because I have terrible memory and if I waited an hour or two, I may not remember exactly what I had (especially when I get distracted by work). I also find it to be a bit of a 'time out' for me, a reminder to put away my work while I am eating.
  • This site has taken over my life and I love it. it's what keeps me going. During the week, I usually eat the same exact thing so it's easy for me to log at the end of the day and stay under. The App is also a great tool.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    I eat just about the same things, every.single.day, so logging is quick for me. I spend more time saying "yay" to my pals!

I also come here hoping for a 'yay' or two of support.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Thank you all for your input. It's not that I mind being on here. It's a great place to be. At work it is easy to just keep the window open and log as I go, but when I'm not at work it is harder. I've never been the type to really plan means ahead, so that is harder for me. Weekends are the hardest, since I end up getting on and off my computer all day long, it seems. I also end up eating foods that are harder to log on the weekend due to cooking my own food more.

What I'm doing has been working for me for 4 1/2 months now. I was just wishing to be more organized, I guess. Just wondering what other people do.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    haha im no help since im on here all day :D
  • I am on this sight a lot and love it. I track food and exercise plus read these motivational and funny posts to stay on track. Makes me realize we r all in this together!!!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    I bought a daytimer just for writing down what I eat, and I record it once a day. I keep the daytimer right on the kitchen counter.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    This lol.....seriously tho, I think I have a bit of an addiction!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    I usually just spend all day on here goofing around anyway.

This.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    But on a more helpful note, when I didn't have access throughout the day I pre-logged in the morning with my expected meals, then logged again in the evening to add my workout and edit my food according to reality.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    I'm on all the time so I'm probably no help haha. It used to be that being here too often made me overeat (because all I was doing was thinking about and talking about food!), but now I really love coming to the forums when I have time to spare or when I have a craving and need distraction and re-motivation, I just really distance myself from that total obsession with the calories I have left or whatever I was doing. I think finding a balance is good. If you spend too much time on MFP and find that you binge a lot or you just want to spend less time on the site in general, writing down what you eat is a good idea and then upload it onto the site at the end of the day--just make sure you're watching your intake. I don't have the app, but I try to log everything as soon as I can. It doesn't help me if I don't use it, so I don't think that being on here too often is a problem. I'm willing to sacrifice some time to get my health and happiness in check.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I lost a chunk of the weight before I found MFP - I tracked food manually before with paper and pen - then I found MFP and it took over my life

it sounds like you just need to note what you are eating accurately at home and on the weekends - weigh and measure everything accurately and then jot it down - you can enter it here on MFP whenever you have the time later

I use the app on my smartphone now - it also helps me make decisions on the rare occasions I go out to a restaurant, etc
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I have an iphone I open the app scan the barcode(s) then I'm done. Take about 1 minutes or less
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    So basically, everyone has swapped food as their addiction for MFP...lol
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Lol - I'm obsessed with both!!!!
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    So basically, everyone has swapped food as their addiction for MFP...lol

Accurate.