Now That I've Reached My Goal...

Options
Last week I reached my goal weight of 165 after a lot of work to get here. Now that I'm here, I realize that I have to increase my calories to level off.

Honestly, I'm afraid to do this. I know I have to, but I'm afraid to eat the increased calories. I keep checking myself in the mirror and it's only been a few days. I'm so afraid that I'm going to get fat again that it's difficult to be okay with this.

I thought that when I got here, I'd be excited to eat more, but it almost feels like I've developed a phobia.

I anticipate the "you're crazy"responses and that's fine. I'm just trying to level my brain off as well as my body. It's hard to get out of the "LOSE, LOSE, LOSE" mentality.

Replies

• ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You're not crazy, it's common! Everyone fears change, no matter what it is. My only suggestions are to take it slow with the calorie increase if it's a large amount, maybe 100-200 cals per week. That won't seem as overwhelming. Once you start eating normally again, it will feel scary! It will feel like you're trying to walk on a tightrope and not fall off the edge, at first. But then you will get accustomed to it. You will find your balance, and before you know it, you can walk on your own, with ease. Just give it time and be patient with yourself. Also, congratulations on meeting your goals! :)
  • NightKeepr
    Options
    Thank you. That is extremely helpful. I'm going to do that. I'll increase little by little and let myself get used to it again.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yeah, do it slowly. Make sure you don't do it all at once because you might start putting weight on or feeling "fat" again. I'm gonna be at my goal by this spring, I hope, so I'll see how I feel when I start going through what you're going through. Congrats with reaching your goal! You did something many people only dream of.