How can i get more protein?

Options
I am trying to lose weight and build muscles. I really wanna get in around 116 grams of protein a day but no matter what i eat, I can never get enough! I want something that has a little bit of carbs and fat but a lot of protein. Any ideas?
P.S. I do not eat dairy and the only meats I eat are turkey and chicken.

Replies

• Pspellcst
    Options
    Atkins meal bars have about 16 grams of protein per bar, and around 3 net carbs. 210 calories and the amount of protein keeps you satisfied longer. They taste really good as well. I work in a job where I sometimes don't get to eat regular meals, so I can eat one of these and feel full longer. I checked out lots of different granola and meal bars, and Atkins has the most protein. Can get them at Walmart or grocery stores.
  • j67867
    j67867 Posts: 27
    Options
    i'll keep it clean
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I second the Atkins bars & you can get lots of protein shakes , but there is also fish , seeds & nuts etc !
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Lentils and chickpeas
  • airborne18th
    airborne18th Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast meat is the easiest and eat it throughout the day. With the bars and protein powder you really have to look at the ingredients and balance the various negatives. ( like carbs and sodium ).. Chicken meat is very easy to balance into a diet.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Egg or egg whites if you don't have a lot of left over fat. Protein powder.
  • healthyhappyme143
    Options
    Chickpeas, black beans, tempeh,tofu, eggs, dairy free greek yogurt, protein powders, peanut butter and so on :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna
    Beef jerky (ever tried it?)
    Eggs
    Smoked salmon
    Luncheon meats ( prosciutto, salami, sliced roast beef, pistrami, ham, etc)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Turkey Jerky!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of Tuna and grilled chicken salads. Snacked on nuts
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You can get a decent ammount of protein eating Chicken. Did you mention eggs?

There are some good Protein Shakes and Bars. You need to check the lables though, some only have 6grams or so in them.
  • frugalfitmom
    Options
    I use a protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) because I really struggle here too. I also keep tuna cans/pouches on hand and cook up a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot on Sunday so I have them to grab during the week. Hummus is good too since it's made from chickpeas. Eggs...an omelet with turkey sausage and veggies is one of my favorite meals!
  • youmnahm96
    Options
    I am sort of in the same boat and idk about you but I can't always keep making fish and chicken everyday for every meal, so instead I eat cottage cheese with most of my meals. I personally find it to be very filling.
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Protein powder - one serving can have 24-30g of protein and under 200 calories. If I still need to increase my protein at the end of the day and don't have many cals left I will make some good-tasting casein (a slow-absorbing protein) with water - it's like 130 calories for 24 grams of protein. I use Gold Standard Casein - cookies'n'cream flavor (from bodybuilding(.)com, or also vitamin supplement stores). I also LOOOVE ThinkThin bars - 240 cals for 20 grams of protein and 0 real sugar. The fake sugars cause upset stomach for some folks, but I can eat those with no issues. You can find them at Trader Joe's, and also grocery or drug stores.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    beans, tofu, quinoa
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I use Unjury protein powders. For 100 calories there are 21 g of protein and 4 carbs. Mix it with a cup of non-fat plain greek yogurt and you get 43 grams of protein very easily. I usually start my day with that for breakfast.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    lentils chick peas black beans nuts chia seeds are great..oats tofu tempeh.. the list is endless.. im a veg head

if you do animal sources.. eggwhites, lean meats, cottage cheese.yogurt
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    chicken breast
    egg whites
    lean beef
    lean turkey
    fish
    Quest bars
    Protein shkes

I eat protein 5 times a day.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt (I love Chobani). Low Fat Cottage Cheese. Salmon, tuna, barramundi. Egg whites and whole eggs. Beans. Whey protein powder is awesome in smoothies or just with almond milk.