NEW TO SITE. 49 YEAR OLD COULD USE SOME HELP

Options
I NEED TO LOSE 60 MORE LBS. HAVE LOST 10 IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS. WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAS OR IS NOW LOSING WEIGHT.

Replies

• TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can add me... I just turned 47. I was nearly 160 and worked my way slowly down to 137 and holding. I desperately want to lose at least 2 more and then may try to get down to 130 which I haven't seen since high school.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I'm 45 and I would love to be friends with someone in my age bracket.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky,

Love your name... BeckyCounts. Yes, Becky does count! Stay focused on you, your health, and you will be well on your way.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i will be 49 this november and have 100 pounds lose :blushing: i have been exercising hard, doing the old abs of steel and the firm tapes the one wheri she dose the weights and the stair stepper is great it really makes you drop the weight fast i just went back to weight watchers its a good diet good luck
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. I am 46 (almost 47) and I been using this site for quite a while. I'm still struggling with losing and still looking at my goals. Feel free to friend me.
  • BECKYCOUNTS
    Options
    THANKS, ACTUALLY I WAS TALKING ABOUT COUNTING CALORIES LOL! BUT THE WAY YOU READ IT SEEMS SO MUCH BETTER.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a buddy. I will be 40 on Sept.25th! I have lost 20 pounds but still working on more. I've gotten off teh wagon the last 2 weeks and need some people ot motivate me!
  • KinYee
    Options
    Oops, wrong account. This is mine: KeriA

I just started with MFP so I haven't had time to lose much yet. I show 2 pounds but I actually had 2 pounds that I didn't know about when I started :ohwell: so I have lost at least 4. So far this site seems to be working for me. I started exercising more a few years ago but the pounds weren't coming off although my clothes felt better. I am over 50 and am trying to get my metabolism to speed up. I am hoping this site will help me by helping me eat the right amount and lose slowly enough to keep my metabolism up and keep the pounds off. Hopefully it will lead to eating healthy too. Anyway I have enjoyed the support here too. I have tried the blog feature just a bit. Have you? Add me ..I find that friends here have helped me.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky! Congrats on making the decision to be healthier! :) Seems we all are in the 40's on this thread! I just turned 43 and made the decision that I was NOT going to be overweight any longer. I want to be around to see my grandbabies born!! I love MFP! It has been such an eye opener for me and has motivated me to make the necessary changes to be healthier. I'm sending you a friend request...we can motivate each other! :) Good luck!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oops, wrong account. This is mine: KeriA

I just started with MFP so I haven't had time to lose much yet. I show 2 pounds but I actually had 2 pounds that I didn't know about when I started :ohwell: so I have lost at least 4. So far this site seems to be working for me. I started exercising more a few years ago but the pounds weren't coming off although my clothes felt better. I am over 50 and am trying to get my metabolism to speed up. I am hoping this site will help me by helping me eat the right amount and lose slowly enough to keep my metabolism up and keep the pounds off. Hopefully it will lead to eating healthy too. Anyway I have enjoyed the support here too. I have tried the blog feature just a bit. Have you? Add me ..I find that friends here have helped me.
    OK here is my account. I am a Mom too.
  • ahuggins
    Options
    Hello- you can add me I have around 60 lb to lose also. I have been on site for 2 weeks and have lost 31/2 lbs.