Do you use a food scale?

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I use my scale several times a day! I have learned to eyeball servings quite accurately but I always weigh to be sure. Sometimes I make it a game to be as close as I can to the nearest gram then I weigh to see how close I am lol. I used to have a basic scale but I upgraded to one that measures grams, ounces, liquid ounces and milliliters. I also like that it stays on for two minutes instead of just one before shutting off and you can shut it off yourself to save the battery. I paid $40 because I am in Canada but in the US you can get it cheaper. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Professional-Digital-Kitchen-Stainless/dp/B004I75Q2S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    YES! The only things I don't weigh before I eat them are lettuce and spinach since they're not going to tip the scale either way (weigh...haha) as far as weight loss goes. I put a lot of higher-calorie additions in my salad to get my macros and I need to be careful I don't eat more than I think I'm eating.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a must have! You'll be surprised at how tiny 100g of lots of food is...
    I've been using an electronic scale for the past 2 years, but it's pretty small and turns off rather quickly, I think it's time for an upgrade!