Taking a vacation

Options
On Monday my boyfriend and I will be going to Lake Tahoe for 3 days for a mini vacation. A little gambling and lots of relaxation! Since this will be my first vacation on my new lifestyle change I have a few plans...It's still cold there. It's supposed to be ok weather the first 2 days but the last day it's supposed to snow. It's like 80 degrees where I live and my winter clothes don't fit anymore :bigsmile: So I'm going to Sears, where I work and where there's an extra 75% off already marked down winter clearance and I get a discount, to get some warm clothes so I can get out at least one day for a walk. I'm bringing my jump rope so I can burn some cals that way. I'm almost positive they have a weight room, since most places do, so I'll do a little working out there. As far as food goes I'm thinking I'll bring some healthy snacks and take a look at the menus of places up there before we even get there and I'll just tell my boy where I want to eat :tongue: Any other suggestions? I know I'm not gonna be perfect and I'll allow myself some treats like alcohol :drinker: But I'm hoping to not go totally crazy. I can't wait for Monday. We both need this vacation like you wouldn't believe...especially him.

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    On Monday my boyfriend and I will be going to Lake Tahoe for 3 days for a mini vacation. A little gambling and lots of relaxation! Since this will be my first vacation on my new lifestyle change I have a few plans...It's still cold there. It's supposed to be ok weather the first 2 days but the last day it's supposed to snow. It's like 80 degrees where I live and my winter clothes don't fit anymore :bigsmile: So I'm going to Sears, where I work and where there's an extra 75% off already marked down winter clearance and I get a discount, to get some warm clothes so I can get out at least one day for a walk. I'm bringing my jump rope so I can burn some cals that way. I'm almost positive they have a weight room, since most places do, so I'll do a little working out there. As far as food goes I'm thinking I'll bring some healthy snacks and take a look at the menus of places up there before we even get there and I'll just tell my boy where I want to eat :tongue: Any other suggestions? I know I'm not gonna be perfect and I'll allow myself some treats like alcohol :drinker: But I'm hoping to not go totally crazy. I can't wait for Monday. We both need this vacation like you wouldn't believe...especially him.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Sounds like a fun get away and you have a great plan! One extra thing that I do when we go on mini vacations is: I bring a cooler and pack some food for breakfast or lunch so that we don't have to eat out for every meal (helps guarantee that I don't go overboard with calories). Have fun and enjoy. :smile: