Frozen Salad Shrimp..what to do, what to do?

HealthyChanges2010
HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Ok, I've got a small bag of defrosted salad sized shrimp sitting in my fridge, pkg. says cooked.

Ok, now what? lol

What do I use them for? Eat them plain? On a salad? I don't have tons of ingredients to make up anything until the weekend, they would be way to old by then, I pulled them out of the freezer within the last 2 days.

Ideas? Never seen such tiny shrimpies:laugh:

Appreciate anything you all come up with, even if it's an idea I save for next time if I have to toss these out...:cry:

Becca:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    maybe you can heat them and have them with some pasta? or as you said in a salad...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    mix them with fat free mayo and have them as shrimp salad on a roll...
    Mix them into your next rice or pasta dish...
    Stir fry them with veggies and serve over a bed of rice...
    sprinkle them on a salad...

darn, now I want some...
    :laugh:
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    Shrimp Quesadillas

Fry shrimps in small amount of Olive oil, add a bit of Garlic for taste.
    Warm up small Tortilla in non stick frying pan, than on one half add a little lowfat shredded cheese, top with shrimps, fold over, heat until cheese starts melting.
    Enjoy with a Side Salad :-)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Maybe make a healthy shrimp stir-fry? Tiny bit of olive oil or cooking spray in bottom of pan, add some of your favorite veggies and some low sodium teriyaki sauce or soy sauce, add some fresh garlic and the shrimp. Stir until desired done-ness. lol :) If you're feeling the carb vibe you can always serve it over some rice.
This discussion has been closed.