help please!

Options
ive been on mfp for a week and only lost one pound
as i am tracking my food im not always eating all my calories so i know this is probably why.
today for example i have 252 calories left, but only 1g of sugar left so i cant eat anything more without going over on that...
i had honeydew melon which i thought was a healthy choice for a snack but it has14g of sugar in it!
so very confused, finding the balance is very hard.

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    MFP sugar limit is just plain stupid if you are healthy and you happen to like fruit. Forget about it.
  • roids001
    roids001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If your still under your calories don't worry that your out on one of your macro's slightly.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Forget that sugar limit. You will always go over when having fruit in your diet based on the MFP levels.

High sugar levels are only really relevant when you are being unhealthy.

Calories is king.
  • rsum77
    rsum77 Posts: 30
    Options
    Since being on MFP. I have learn your calorie settings are ok. Its the calories left over that count. In your setting it shows the calorie deficeince ( probably misspelled). me i have mine set at 1500 calories my deficience is 760. This is what I need remaining. Plus excerise is the key. Like they say on tv commericals an hour a day. I am still working on this myself. Sometimes I don't have that hour a day to excerise. Good Luck!!
  • rsum77
    rsum77 Posts: 30
    Options
    this is the correct spelling:

Daily Calorie Deficit 760 calories
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    First, ignore the sugar macro - if you are healthy and have no medical reason to restrict sugar, just eat as much as you'd like, as long as it fits into your calorie goal.

Secondly, and more importantly, 1lb in one week is a perfectly normal rate of weight loss so I don't really know why you are worrying. Keep going as your going as your obviously losing and at a very good rate.
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stay under your calories and you're golden.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Please open up your diary so we can take a look? It's kind of hard to give you any advice if we can't tell what's going on.

Also, honey, you've just started a week ago.. You haven't gained weight in a week and you won't lose it in a week. Be patient and think long term. You're going to need to be patient and keep your eye on the prize. It's not rocket sience; if you stick to your goal (hopefully for you that is your TDEE minus 20%) then you WILL lose weight. Simple as that.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

100% what Colortheworld said!
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    Since being on MFP. I have learn your calorie settings are ok. Its the calories left over that count. In your setting it shows the calorie deficeince ( probably misspelled). me i have mine set at 1500 calories my deficience is 760. This is what I need remaining. Plus excerise is the key. Like they say on tv commericals an hour a day. I am still working on this myself. Sometimes I don't have that hour a day to excerise. Good Luck!!

Although I agree that excersise is key, 80% is your diet and 20% is excersize. Also, you don't need to spend an hour daily on working out! Lifting heavy 3x a week would be efficient enough to help lose weight and more importantly to look fit. You could add 30 minutes of cardio once or twice a week if you like but that's preference.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I wouldn't stress about sugar intake on here. I consider it to be a good day if I am within most of my other macros. Sugar and protein are the two I always go over on, but I still steadily lose weight.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    ive been on mfp for a week and only lost one pound
    as i am tracking my food im not always eating all my calories so i know this is probably why.
    today for example i have 252 calories left, but only 1g of sugar left so i cant eat anything more without going over on that...
    i had honeydew melon which i thought was a healthy choice for a snack but it has14g of sugar in it!
    so very confused, finding the balance is very hard.

1lb in a week is just perfect. No one can hit the macros and cal # on the money every single time. It's a guide, treat it as such. Fruit will always put you over on sugar, don't even track it unless you use a lot of added sugar or eat things like cakes. You are doing fine. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • sazmini
    Options
    thank you for your replies everyone! :-)