Vegetarian meal ideas

Options
My partner and I are vegetarian, and while my local supermarket has a large range of meat substitutes to stick in the oven after work I have realised many of them are high in cals (and high in cheese!). We had a roast dinner yesterday with a ratatouille roast, which was around 400 cals!!
So, I need filling and healthy vegi dinner ideas, which arnt too hard to put together straight after work. =)

Replies

• The_Raspberry
    The_Raspberry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh there are lots and lots of good vegetarian food. Check out the happy herbivore group, there is loads of inspiration to be found there.

Some things I like to make quick is lasagnea, soups of various kind, pasta with tomatosauce and beans/lentils, anything with tofu and so on. Soups and pastas are great for when you come home from work all tired and hungry.

Good luck!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for more than six years and prepare most of my meals on my own. I also have never in my life purchased a meat substitute. So, feel free to add me or scope around my diary for inspiration!
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but enjoy meatless days.
    One of my fave meals that's easy to fix is sauteed kale or spinach with cherry tomato, red onion, and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
    Very yummy,quick to fix!