is walking advisable just before bedtime?

Options
Hi everyone..i am just 1 month into weight loss resolution . I would really like to know whether walking for 45min before bedtime is good or bad. Someone said that it interrupts with digestion and sleep. Is it true?

Replies

• Jaine2014
    Options
    I cant it keeps me awake and also my hubbys pt said its best to workout with in 20 minutes of rising even if its just a walk.
    Something to do with raining heart rate keeping us up. But if u can do it and sleep well then do what work for u.
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank u Jaine. I am yet to try it. I walk for 45 min everyday in the morning and evening but wanted to walk night too.i will just give it a go and see what happens.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I find only intense exercise in the evening affects sleep adversely, you should be fine with walking. And if anything it helps digestion - I often go for a power walk after lunch.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. I walk dogs before bed and never have any problem sleeping. There is no medical or physiological reason not to do if your fine doing it carry on
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Try it for a week and see how you feel. I always work out late in the evening it helps my insomnia but everyone's different.
  • shubhajp
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I will try it for a few days and lets see where it takes me.
  • shubhajp
    Options
    Wow..looking at those tickers is really motivating. Good goings guys.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't mess up your sleep schedule... if it keeps you awake longer, then you should find another time to do it... but if not, then go for it.
  • savannacat94
    Options
    Walking 30 Minutes before breakfast helps!!!