burning calories at work?

Candice83
Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Should i try and work out how many calories i burn off at work? would adding that to my exercise log be too much? I mean... i do run around most of the day un packing boxes and running around after customers around the store.. How would i work out how many calories i burnt? I mean for today i had an 8 hour shift from nine til 12 i was standing at a register so i wouldnt include that... after i got off reg i had a half an hour lunch break but then from 12:30 to 5:30 i was pretty much running around and unpacking boxes... would i maybe log like 4 hours of slow walking?

Replies

• porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    hi, not sure what other ppl would say but im also on my feet all day doing stuff but i just put it as an active lifestyle so that would bump your cals up.
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    you do this in your activity level. If you do it regularly like that, it's not exercise because its not above and beyond your normal activity level. You'll find this option when you re-do "Goals"
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I am a caterer, so when I am on my feet working hard for 12 hour days, I do tend to claim 2-4 hours of "cooking" , but I don't necessarily eat back those so called exercise calories. Because I don't cater every day is why I don't change my activity level to a higher one. But like someone else suggested, if your job is a higher physical level job most every day, I think you would benefit more if you just went into your goals and changed your activity level to reflect that. In the long run, none of us want to be cheating ourselves, so I think it is better to err by overestimating calories consumed and underestimating exercise calories burned; otherwise your results are skewed and slower coming.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    You need to adjust this on your activity level
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    my activity level is set right.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    my activity level is set right.

If this is the case then it already includes calories burned from your daily activity such as work
  • I don't log things like that - I think of that as 'bonus' exercise :)
This discussion has been closed.