Today's Workouts - 9/1

ShaneT99
ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
For a change of pace today I decided to try a modified version of the workout routine provided by the FBI for those training for their physical fitness test.

Legs - 2-3 Circuits of the Following:

Walking Lunges - 15 each leg
Single Leg Calf Hops - 30 each leg
Jump Squats - 30
Jump Overs - 30
Split Squats - 15 each leg
Jumping Jacks - 30

No rest between exercises. 2 minutes rest between circuits. I did 2 circuits.

Upper Body - Pyramid Workout: 1-3-1

Lat Pulldown (210 lbs) x 1
Pushups - x 3
Seated Rows (165 lbs) - x 4
Situps - x 5
Dips -x 2

I had never done a pyramid style workout and I have to say I liked it. If you've never done it, look at the numbers next to the exercises as multipliers. They multiply by the numbers on the up side of the pyramid and then again by the numbers on the down side of the pyramid. So, for a 1-3-1 pyramid you'd have five sets at 1, 2, 3, 2 and 1 (up and back down). Multiply the exercise multipliers by those numbers and you know how many reps of each exercise to do. For example, for pushups you'd do reps of 3, 6, 9, 6 and 3. Seated rows would be 4, 8, 12, 8 and 4. Just use the multiplier number by the pyramid number to get your reps. No rest between exercises but you're allowed up to 60 seconds rest between circuits. My goal by the end of the month is to work up to a 1-7-1 pyramid.

Cardio:

1/2 mile warmup jog
6x400 runs with 90 seconds walking rest (this is a fast run but not a sprint)
1/2 mile cooldown jog

Overall this was a great workout and I think I'm going to continue using their training program for the month of September.
This discussion has been closed.