More than I thought - womp womp

Options
Today I am feeling awful after I weighed myself! I haven't done so in 2 years, and it appears as if those two years were not so kind. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any suggestions to get over it? I know it is just a number, but we gather so much from that number!

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself that the more I weigh, the more of the universe has come under my direct control.

(Also, as long as I'm working seriously towards ridding myself of the extra weight, it doesn't bother me as much. As long as I know it's a temporary state of affairs, it's no big deal.)
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I hated myself when I weighed myself too. This isn't the highest I've been but pretty darn close. Then I reminded myself that I did stress eat, go out to eat more than I should have and didn't concentrate on eating healthy before this...and that's why I'm now changing my lifestyle.
  • arigateau
    Options
    I weighed myself for the first time in a few years a few months back and got quite a shock as I'd put 10kg on over the space of 3/4 years. Since it was so gradual I hadn't noticed it at all! Having said that, I notice that my weight can fluctuate +/- 2kg at any given time depending on when I've weighed myself and what time of the day it is, so I now rely on the general trend pattern of my weight rather than getting caught up on individual weigh-ins. Anyway, weight doesn't tell you everything since muscle is denser than fat so stay positive: focus on the journey forwards rather than looking back :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...stop looking at the scale and look instead at the mirror? You're beautiful!

Just sayin'. :smile:

Have a great week!
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How are your clothes fitting you?

How do you FEEL? Heathy? Mobile? Able to be as active as you would like?

It's only a number.
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away and make a plan. :) Every day of action will help knock off that feeling.
  • MittnMom162
    Options
    My beginning number came as a surprise to me too. I felt awful but realized that if I didn't pick myself up & fight; I would feel more awful!!