Adding weight lost before MFP?

Options
Is there a way to add weight lost before joining MFP?? Thanks!!

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go into check in then edit weight, you can put your starting weight and date.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I started my ticker at 200 which is what I started my whole weight loss thing at back in April (I've gone back and forth, sadly). Before that...I know I lost weight since I moved up here in 2006, but I don't know what my weight was as I was avoiding scales.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My question is...do you advise to go all the way back before MFP? I use to weigh 265 but on here I have only lost 24lbs but in
    truth I have lost 62.5...so should I stay with what I have here or go back further?

Thanks,
    Mary
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Its whatever you want to do. You don't have to do it any certain way. Whatever keeps you going.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. It's just personal preference. Does it motivate you more to see how far you've come from your highest weight, or does it make you cringe to think about it? I toyed with my ticker, putting it to 238, but its been 5 years since I've weighed that. I got down to 182 about 2.5 years ago but came back up to the 190's and have been struggling between 190-199 ever since. Since it's a more accurate representation of the battle I'm fighting now, I'm leaving it with my MFP start weight. Stinks to see 0 lost when I know darn well I've busted my hump to lose a lot of weight, but I'm not that person anymore, so why should my ticker reflect that? :)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I chose to show my total weight loss showing where I've been and where I will never be again.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.....I think I too will show where I started from the beginning....as I am glad to get rid of the weight
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I did mine from when I started my journey in May of '09. No way am I not gonna record that I had lost over 100 lbs before joining here!!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I chose to enter in my "before" weight. I can't remember the exact date and it's an approximate weight but I know I was around there somewhere. It motivates my more to see how far I have come and remember the number that I don't EVER want to be at again!! It's all a personal preference.