Can someone help with an American baby name?

Options
2»

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I also agree it is a beautiful name!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My niece's middle name is Leilani, she comes from Hawaiian decent (mom's side) and
    full blown American redneck (dad's side). :wink:
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    It has been used as a joke unfortunately. In high school, everyone teased a girl there named Leilani saying "Everyone's had a chance to lay lani" or "her parents even advertised in her name that she will put out"
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great replies everyone. thank you! :drinker: I have passed them all on!

Boomstick, that did vaguely occur to me, I just wasn't sure whether the kids would really do that... it's been a while since I was at High School :wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    my youngest daughters best friend is named leilani she is part Hawaiian age 9 and goes by lani, I think it is a beautiful name and almost every kid in school get teased for something so if they really like the name they should go for it
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BTW I have not doubt at all I'll still be around here in November, so will get back to y'all and let you know the decision :smile:
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its pretty but ive never heard anyone or met anyone with that name. I live on the East Coast in NC :)
  • byrdhouse2006
    Options
    Leilani is a very pretty name. I've never heard of the joke though. However you can always suggest to name her after me ~ Patricia Marie ~ my birthday is in November too :) LOL its ok, they don't have to, I just had to through that one out there. Good luck with the baby name search.
  • lovelyladylumps
    Options
    Layla, Laney, Lena, Lani, Leila, Liya, and Lei are some similar names that may work as a compromise? Although, I think Leilani is pretty, too. ( :
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I think it is beautiful. I have a Polynesian/Hawaiian friend named Nanani, and I find that beautiful too. Can't wait to hear the verdict!