Pillsbury adds

Options
2»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    First off, not everyone on MFP is on the "clean-eating" kick. Some of us realize and accept that our own obesity is to be blamed on our own overindulgence and character indefeciencies.

Secondly, ads populate based on terms that you put in your search browser or things you discuss in the forums. MFP doesn't hand select that stuff. They just get paid to put the portal on their page. They have no idea what ads will appear on your wall and have no control over it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see those. I've been having a couple of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies every night with my ice cream. All I see lately is Jeep adds and Jillian's "can you eat fries and lose weight" question.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I currently have the Pillsbury Doughboy on my screen and I know I haven't researched anything even remotely related to their products in ages. So saying that the ads that pop up are based on your own search history isn't always accurate though. I see plenty of ads for stuff that I've never looked for and in some cases, I've never even heard of.

Big Data... it doesn't have to be things you've searched for directly, it could just be results that fit a profile of other search items.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o_large.gif

So much train wreck potential in this thread already...

you won my heart with this Gif! lol
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    don't like ads? Adblock + Firefox or Adblock + chrome. Problem solved.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    might not be enough icing....

cinnrolls4.gif

ETA: I clicked on a parasite thread on MFP one week ago and I'm still getting ads for "treatments".