"This is a support forum"

Options
1PatientBear
1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
I've seen that phrase in the forums quite a bit and....well....depends on how you look at it.

The forums are for discussion of a multitude of topics. Many of those topics are focused on diet/exercise/fitness but many are not. In almost all of them, people disagree about something. Coconut oil vs butter for cooking your eggs. Bacon vs turkey bacon (which, for the record, is NOT real bacon). Requests for injury diagnosis from our resident internet medical experts. Bang/pass/whatever threads. You get the point.

Fact is that this is NOT a support forum in my opinion. That is especially true since people look for support in different forms. What I consider as support, someone else might consider rude or mean. What someone else considers support, I might consider enabling. So, keep all of that in mind when entering into the dungeon that is the forums.

If you are looking for support (whatever your definition is) from people just like you, that's likely easy to find in the form of some type of group. But assuming everyone is going to give you "support" in the forums just ain't smart because it sure as heck isn't true. Thick skin is a good thing, a sense of humor (NOT humour...silly Canadians) is also good and please tune up that sarcasm meter. In for kitten gifs!!

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I need support... my Chargers lost and I am sad. :sad:
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You're mean. I want ponies and butterflies. *useless pouty face*
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I disagree!! On all points!!!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I support your unsupportiveness!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I'm a Jets fan. Do you feel better, now?
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    In for unsupportive supporters
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    uPzrJH8.jpg
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Well said. Sometimes people just need a kick in the you-know-what. If you want a shoulder to cry on... go call your mama! :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I need support. This bra ain't cuttin' it.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

Texans fan for the win.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

I don't know about her but I sure do

haha_zps5e87990b.jpg
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This bear needs a hug:

tumblr_lx6qhzdHKs1qk767yo1_500.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    True! Starting a post opens dialog. We can't pick and choose on the main forum who responds to what we say. Private groups are a bit different. I probably would have taken a lot longer to be successful if I hadn't been able to see the multiple sides of each topic debated.

This is not a support forum, this is an open discussion.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The euros all spell it humour too---its not limited to the Canadians
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've seen that phrase in the forums quite a bit and....well....depends on how you look at it.

The forums are for discussion of a multitude of topics. Many of those topics are focused on diet/exercise/fitness but many are not. In almost all of them, people disagree about something. Coconut oil vs butter for cooking your eggs. Bacon vs turkey bacon (which, for the record, is NOT real bacon). Requests for injury diagnosis from our resident internet medical experts. Bang/pass/whatever threads. You get the point.

Fact is that this is NOT a support forum in my opinion. That is especially true since people look for support in different forms. What I consider as support, someone else might consider rude or mean. What someone else considers support, I might consider enabling. So, keep all of that in mind when entering into the dungeon that is the forums.

If you are looking for support (whatever your definition is) from people just like you, that's likely easy to find in the form of some type of group. But assuming everyone is going to give you "support" in the forums just ain't smart because it sure as heck isn't true. Thick skin is a good thing, a sense of humor (NOT humour...silly Canadians) is also good and please tune up that sarcasm meter. In for kitten gifs!!

Not all the forums are for support. Some are for advice, some are for entertainment. It is the internet, after all, and you have to take it with a grain of salt. I find sarcasm highly entertaining, so when a good debate starts up, I like to follow athread for awhile because it will get pretty raucus and fun just to read along and occasionally throw in a comment.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Agreed. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. Turkey bacon is a lie. Kill it with fire.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Would bang.

Wait...what?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    All I got from this post:
    In for kitten gifs!!

XVO46.gif
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Humour, colour, favourite! Deal with it! Great post BTW
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    The euros all spell it humour too---its not limited to the Canadians

Sorry. Did you want me to call the Euros silly as well? Jeez....leave someone OUT of an insult and they STILL get offended.... :huh: