Non-Food Rewards

Options
Hi all! I'm searching for ideas for non-food rewards to help keep my motivation going. I have 100 pounds to lose so I've spaced each reward out by 10 pounds. I figure the higher the weight lost, the bigger the reward (within reason of course).

So far I've considered..a massage, mani/pedi, new clothes...

What are your ideas?

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I find my best reward is more workout clothes!

Then I can use my reward to look even better as well :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm more the 'I buy what I want when I want it' mentality (thankfully I don't want that much, lol!), so it's only been clothes really... just so that I could have clothes that actually fit me.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like Tattoo's so thats my goal reward.
  • tmnd777
    tmnd777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe a vacation for the final goal?
  • ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Non-Food Reward ideas:

- workout clothes
    - date night clothes
    - shoes!
    - a spa day
    - DIY spa day at home
    - getting your nails done
    - buying things for a hobby you enjoy (gardening tools, kitchen tools, sewing material, etc)
    - taking a class on something you've always wanted to learn
    - taking a weekend trip/vacation to a place where you'll have plenty to do (not a cruise with a buffet!)
    - starting a home improvement project that you've always wanted
    - new fitness gadgets (HRM, fitbit, exercise machines, dumbbells, etc)
    - taking progress photos and looking at how far you've come
    - writing down everything that's better now that you've lost some weight
    - writing down what motivates you to keep working toward your goals

That's all I can think of right now! lol! It also helps to put money in a jar when you've lost a lb or so, so that you'll have money to spend once you've gotten to your goal!! Hope this helps! Congrats on reaching a milestone and have in celebrating your success!
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    -Massage
    -hike
    -piece of clothing
    -new fitness gadget
    -new kitchen gadget
    -new book
    -go to movies
    -new video game

Just make a list of things you like, and like to do. Sky's the limit.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I broke my rewards into 5% of bodyweight rewards...

5% ~ new sexy shoes √
    10% ~ origami owl necklace √
    15% ~ swimsuit and goggles √
    20% ~ new running shoes √
    25% ~ new golf clubs
    30% ~ new hockey gear
    Goal ~ vacation somewhere warm!

I also give myself mini goal rewards... getting in all my water for the week = a pedicure, etc.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I did this the last time I got serious, though I did them a bit further apart. I did a mani/pedi as the first one, a ceramic companion cube cookie jar for healthy snacks for the second one, a t-shirt in a smaller size for the third one, a pair of combat boots for the fourth one and unfortunately for me, I didn't get much farther than that before I backslid. You could do different articles of clothing or jewelry in smaller sizes, shoes, spa days, day trips or vacations. Whatever it is that you would consider a treat that is not food related.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:

- kitchen gadgets - do you have a good blender? I treated myself to a Vitamix 2 years ago after I had lost 30 lbs.
    - a going-out-on-the-town outfit
    - healthy recipe book
    - splurge on that expensive protein powder or pre-workout supplement you've wanted but was a little too $$$, and more of a treat
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a Vitamix blender! I was just looking at them and almost fall off the chair when I saw the price..that would be a great reward when I reach a certain goal!
  • Bethany0214
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I love that all of your ideas are different and this really helps me a lot! I have lots to work with to make my rewards list now. :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I plan on putting the owners of Fire Mountain Gems' kids through college
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My ultimate non-food reward is to look great for my wedding next May.
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Plastic surgery :drinker:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of threads like this but I always love them! It's cool to see others rewarding themselves and treating themselves well. Also, it helps me get ideas ;-)

I can't remember all of my little rewards along the way so far. I've done athletic items like a bicycle helmet, glow in the dark basketball (fun), nice jump rope, and activewear/footwear. The 1X compression-style pants were a huge NSV for me last summer, and it's bittersweet to find them getting baggy now :-/

New clothes are sometimes a bit of a reward, too, even though they are truly necessary I may hit a little 5- or 10-lb milestone and think to myself "yeah, go ahead and order 3 tops from Target, you saw them in-store but they didn't have your size" when otherwise I may just pass on a good deal online.

I am 1.4 lb from onederland which is a huge milestone for me (haven't seen anything that side of 200 since I was in 8th grade). I have been collecting all new makeup and brushes, everything white and metallic...nothing super $$ but Flower by Drew Barrymore, Almay, elf, and a couple small Benefit things...and I ordered a Lucite cube organizer to keep all of it in. That is a huge reward to myself for getting to 199 lb. I have it all at home except the organizer which should arrive Thurs but if I am not at 199 by this weekend I'm not going to use ANY of it until I get there!!
  • sailorsproudwife
    Options
    My non-food reward is for every 20lbs lost I would purchase myself a new tervis cup. I love those things! every time I get a new one it gets me excited to keep drinking my liquids! ????
  • MrsD1986
    MrsD1986 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My rewards are new nailpolish- along with a diet, I'm also on a budget- so nailpolish is cheap and still a fun present to myself that makes me feel girly and pretty.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My non-food reward is for every 20lbs lost I would purchase myself a new tervis cup. I love those things! every time I get a new one it gets me excited to keep drinking my liquids! ????

oh yes good one!! I don't particularly choose Tervis (those are super nice though). But I've got reusable cups everywhere for my water and I love having a "fun" one at work...like holiday themed with a candy cane striped straw, or the Aladdin "Mason jars" with a handle and lid and straw. Motivates me to drink my water.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I can be somewhat of a thrill seeker.

I'd go with cliff diving, bungee jumping, paragliding, or even skydiving.

All of those are on my bucket list and seem like great rewards!
  • Bethany0214
    Options
    I see a lot of threads like this but I always love them! It's cool to see others rewarding themselves and treating themselves well. Also, it helps me get ideas ;-)

I can't remember all of my little rewards along the way so far. I've done athletic items like a bicycle helmet, glow in the dark basketball (fun), nice jump rope, and activewear/footwear. The 1X compression-style pants were a huge NSV for me last summer, and it's bittersweet to find them getting baggy now :-/

New clothes are sometimes a bit of a reward, too, even though they are truly necessary I may hit a little 5- or 10-lb milestone and think to myself "yeah, go ahead and order 3 tops from Target, you saw them in-store but they didn't have your size" when otherwise I may just pass on a good deal online.

I am 1.4 lb from onederland which is a huge milestone for me (haven't seen anything that side of 200 since I was in 8th grade). I have been collecting all new makeup and brushes, everything white and metallic...nothing super $$ but Flower by Drew Barrymore, Almay, elf, and a couple small Benefit things...and I ordered a Lucite cube organizer to keep all of it in. That is a huge reward to myself for getting to 199 lb. I have it all at home except the organizer which should arrive Thurs but if I am not at 199 by this weekend I'm not going to use ANY of it until I get there!!

Congratulations on almost being in onederland!! I haven't seen that wonderful place for over ten years now. I can't wait to get back there again. I love all of your reward ideas, especially the make-up and organizer..that's right up my alley!