Is P90X worth it?

Options
I am just wondering if P90x is really worth it? I have heard great things about it but have also heard some negative things. Also, How does the program work? Work out 6 days and take a couple off or go 12 days straight? I just really need to here some personal experience to know if i should spend the money on it or not.

Tell me what you think.

Replies

• nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very worth it if you follow the program. Plus all Beachbody products come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

You can start with Power 90 which is his first program and it is cheaper than p90X. Then when you finish it and want to continue you can go up to the more advanced programs. AWESOME!!

You will love it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I think the program is great. I have finished 3 times and am in my 4th round, although I do alter it slightly. The program has you workout for 6 days then take one off each week for 90 days.
  • pink111
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X and I love it! I don't do it religiously, so I haven't seen solid results yet, but there's variety and it's challenging. You work out 6 days and rest on the 7th day, so it's a lot. Some of the workouts are long, too, which is another drawback. I cannot finish some of the workouts because they are pretty intense, but they make me feel strong and energized. I would definitely recommend them to someone that is looking for a challenge and can put in some time to do it. Hope that helps!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well I am personal trainer and I invested in P90X and P90X Plus to give something to do at home when I did not have time. I love it. It is great and you are not lifting 6 days straight. It is a split routine doing back and biceps chest and shoulders and ect. THere is a plyo day a yoga day a cardio day. SO it is a great mix up. It is a great investment. You can mix and match and make the workouts your own after you complete it or you can go another round. It is great. From a professional I would reccommend it to anyone
  • hagbard
    hagbard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd start with Power 90, then move into P90x. They are great programs. Combining them with a balanced diet will absolutely deliver results, and quickly.
  • determined4ever
    Options
    My dear sweet husband has been getting up with me each morning to do P90x.....I'm not a fitness guru and many of the exercises are hard (I keep working..but have to modify some)....but I'm able to do more each week. I like the change ups each day....not the same workout everyday....keeps it interesting. I am seeing results....been keeping calories around 1200 and exercising extra, but have lost 17 pounds and we are on our 6th week. The main thing is stick with SOMETHING and do it.......
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It may depend on what you're looking for. It is an intense workout and requires a lot of dedication. If you're wanting to lose weight, you will. If you're wanting to get stronger, you will.

I am now in the phase 3 of the 3-phase program. I can tell you that if you are looking for the infomercial-type results, you will have to follow the program very strictly, especially the nutrition plan. To get those amazing results, I'd be prepared to use supplements & shakes, eat several small meals/day, eat cleanly, become educated on proper eating & how to set your health goals, use a heart rate monitor and be able to plan your day effectively to allow for everything.

I finally got around to buying a heart rate monitor and have found that my total calorie burn on the workouts is about half what they suggested. So for the first 2 months I've been eating too many calories and not seeing the type of visible results I wanted even though I definitely am bringing it each night. Now that I've reduced my caloric intake I'm seeing the weight fall off. In fact I'm losing more than I thought I'd ever need to lose to start seeing abs, but they are now coming in. I just wish I found this out earlier. Now I gotta figure out how to put on more mass.