MFP Motorcycle riders

Options
Dr_Flo
Dr_Flo Posts: 465
Hey guys .. I just wanted to check and see who out there rides.

What kind of bike and how often do you ride?
Ever been to any of the big rallies?

Pics of your bike?

Forgot to add my own info:

I ride a GSXR - Been riding for over 10 years
Ive never been to Sturgis or Daytona.. but I have been to ROT in Austin.. that's out biggest one.
If I wasn't at work I could add a pic of my bike ..

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a new rider. He just has a little Honda.
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    What kind of Honda is it ?
  • cunfewzed1
    Options
    I ride a 2001 SV650. I've completely Franken-biked her. 2008 GSXR Front end, rear wheel, R6 brakes and MC. ZX-10r rear shock and brakes. Buell headlight. I don't even know how to identify her anymore.

SVatDusk.jpg
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    CB500X
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I currently ride a Ducati Panigale 1199. I have been riding motorcycles on the road now for 13 years. I have not been to any rallys as they are all entirely too far from me and most of them don't take too kindly to my type of bike, haha.

As for pictures, I have an older picture of the bike which I'll have to figure out how to load... You can see a small portion of it in my profile picture.
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    I ride a 2001 SV650. I've completely Franken-biked her. 2008 GSXR Front end, rear wheel, R6 brakes and MC. ZX-10r rear shock and brakes. Buell headlight. I don't even know how to identify her anymore.

SVatDusk.jpg

Wow .. why the changes?
    Are you one of those tinker-people ? Love to see what you can come up with?

I honestly don't know enough about the mechanic side to be able to do that.
  • cunfewzed1
    Options
    The SV is a budget bike that cut corners on Suspension to be cheaper than the GSXR. It's got a great Vtwin engine though and is very popular. Basically, I took all of the parts that Suzuki left off and put them on myself with a donor GSXR :D

I'm also the tinkering, mechanical type so it's fun for me to do.
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    What did the CCs end up at? 650 ?
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 HD Heritage Classic here in Utah and a 2011 ElectraGlide Limited in Texas. I start riding when the snow is somewhat thawed here in Utah until December usually.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    <--- Suzuki GSX750F Katana. Rode it from LA to DC, using no interstates. Took it to Rolling Thunder here on Memorial Day (10s of thousand of Harleys, mine was one of only about 5 Japanese bikes I saw the whole day)
  • cunfewzed1
    Options
    Yah, stayed with 650 engine
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I got my motorcycle permit a few weeks ago. Have been working in the motorcycle parts industry since early 2009. My office is presently located at a motorcycle museum in NY. I get to look at all of our amazing antique bikes all day long :)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My husband and I ride on a Honda Goldwing. I don't have any photos, but it's orange and awesome. We did a motorcycle camping trip for our honeymoon in September where we rode and camped from PA down through Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains and around Tennessee. It was so beautiful!

We don't ride rallies or in groups.. I think it would be annoying to be a part of a slow moving, loud pack. Just not for us. Our bike is so quiet our friends joke that we are riding a sewing machine... haha.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1981 harley ironhead

lone wolf
  • becca14u2nv
    becca14u2nv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    2001 Yamaha V-Star Classic - Purple. I love my ride!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    2009 HD Ultra Classic.. I feel like a failure; I have only managed 21000 miles since getting it in 09. But look forward to getting out on a couple rides this upcoming summer. No picture I am at work now.

Also notice I am wearing the Orange HD shirt in my avatar!!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2004 Night Train with Chrome big shot 2 into 2 pipes. There's a picture of it in my profile pics. I don't ride it nearly enough! But then again I live in New England so time/weather doesn't always warrant it.
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    2002 Harley Sportster 883. I ride as often as the Colorado weather allows. She's been to Sturgis and back a few times...this year will be no exception either...201 days and counting! :bigsmile: I don't have any pics here at the office...but she sure is pretty...and loud.
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ninja 500R
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    Ive owned cruisers several times during my riding career .. to be honest, its always tough for me to decided.
    I lvoe the speed and agility of my sport bike, but I always love the comfort and glide of a cruiser.

I notice that we have quite a few Harley people here .. thats awesome.

Anybody riding a metric cruiser ?