Looking for protein powders without sucralose

2»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Stevia comes from a plant, if that helps (the stevia plant...). I've read articles saying it's safe and I've also read articles saying it causes cancer in mice...I personally choose to use it (although I don't eat a lot of sweets, so I don't use it often). Artificial sweeteners give me migraines, so I never consume them. Contrary to AvsFreak;s assertion, It is definitely possible to lose weight without artificial sweeteners...
  • matndrew
    matndrew Posts: 3 Member
    I started using Bi Pro Whey protein isolate this past week. No taste. Dissovles well. No fake ingredients. Order it from the distributor or Amazon. A little pricey but worth it imo. I like it and most of those protein powders make me gag. the website has some great smoothie recipes too. And great for diabetics!

100% Natural
    No sugars
    NSF Certified for Sport
    No carbs
    Pure. Premium. Virtually tasteless
    No fat
    Rich with BCAA's
    Gluten-free
    Digests and Absorbs quickly
    No lactose
    Unflavored, No artificial flavors
    Kosher Certified
    Halal Certified
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Bob's Red Mill makes a Whey and Soy protein powder that has no additives. Neutral flavor and dissolves easily.
  • michelle32720
    michelle32720 Posts: 10 Member
    OMG that sounds amazing. Note to self: try Pumpkin Pie smoothie.

On another note, I don't know if you have a Publix supermarket near you, but I use their Greenwise 100% unsweetened whey protein powder. No artificial sweeteners (yay!) but it only comes in vanilla. That said, it makes a really good protein pancake.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    OMG that sounds amazing. Note to self: try Pumpkin Pie smoothie.

On another note, I don't know if you have a Publix supermarket near you, but I use their Greenwise 100% unsweetened whey protein powder. No artificial sweeteners (yay!) but it only comes in vanilla. That said, it makes a really good protein pancake.

A protein pancake??? Woah. Must investigate for the weekends.

And yes - I don't know how many pumpkin's worth I've eaten in the past few months with the smoothies, but even in January I'm having a hard time letting go. lol. (I even bought a bunch of canned pumpkin on clearance to last a little longer!!)

I'm in the north, so no Publix's up here. Maybe I'll have my parents in FL look it up for me, though. :)

And re: the whole artificial sweeteners thing, I do agree that it is possible to lose weight without them. I've lost 32 lbs since last May, and haven't used any artificial sweeteners to get me there. (Well, except for this whole jug of protein powder I just unknowingly went through). I watch my calorie intake, drink a (regular) soda on occasion, I eat real cheese, and real peanut butter. I don't know that immediately heading for anything marked "diet" is necessarily a good decision, but to each their own.