When will I see results?

Options
I joined MyFitnesspal last week and have been following the calorie counter and have been exercising faithfully this past week. I haven't lost anything. When should I start seeing results.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, there is no exact answer to that. I usually don't see them for about 2 weeks. It takes longer if you were not exercising previously or just upped your game some because your muscles retain water when they are trying to repair. If you are feeling soar from your exercise then you are probably in this stage still. Also consider your calorie goals and if you are truely sticking to them? 3500 cals is a lb so you have to create that deficit to lose the lb. It will not go away any other way. A week in is a bit early so just stick with it and you will get there!
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Depends on your diet & your sweat (workouts). I lost 15 my first month, but I was obese. I changed just about everything I was doing to see results. I stopped drinking the 2 liter of coke a day & switched to water, drinking more than 1/2 my body weight in oz, ate more bunny food (salads), cut out a lot of carbs of breads, pasta, & rice. I also got a fitbit to track my steps & TDEE, & a hrm for my workouts. I made it a goal to workout an hour+/day.

You can do this! I weigh myself daily to make sure I'm on track or not with what I'm eating.
    Add me if you'd like! :)
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    have patience, it takes time.

I will admit that I noticed my scale moving fairly quickly but I dramatically cut back my cals (far too low) and ramped up my exercise like a crazy woman. Should have started more moderately as I could have gotten hurt.

Do it smart by eating less than what you burn, drink water, get a good nights rest, and exercise and the weight will come off.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it might take a few weeks.

stay calm.. dont panic

if you are following the mfp way then you will lose weight.
  • MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie set to? Mine is for a 2 lb loss a week, and it was a lot less that 1 lb a week. I think that made a difference for me.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You gained the weight over time, it won't all fall off in a week. You might lose nothing this week, but twice as much next week when you're body has adjusted to their new regime.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Patience, grasshopper.