NSV! I ran a mile! (First time... EVER!)

Options
1235»

Replies

• chickidee87
    chickidee87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Can't wait until I can, I'm sure you're thrilled :)
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job, and reading through this it was the first of many new success stories for you.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I find fitness victories to be even better than scale victories!!:smile:
  • Be11adonna
    Be11adonna Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Brilliant and hopefully this is the beginning of many more miles to come. Congratulations!!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! It gets easier from here :D
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment. You will realize soon that you can go farther quickly, but be careful to not increase your distance too quickly. Be sure to cross train (cycling, swimming, rowing, etc) 2-3 days per week and get those leg muscles strong with squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

Advancing your distance too quickly will cause you lots of knee and leg pain (unless you are very young :). Your cardiovascular system will become in better shape way before those leg muscles.

General rule of thumb is don't increase weekly milage > 10% per week. I advise following this rule. I didn't and paid the price.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV! :drinker:
  • run4itnow
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!