Weight affecting health! Need support!

Options
I have been trying to lose weight since the birth of my twins...25 years ago! But due to some health issues lately, I've gotten quite out of shape. Now my doctor is concerned about my cholesterol and liver levels which have been creeping up, along with my weight. I want to be able to spend a day walking without pain, or even a day shopping without being totally exhausted. It would be real nice to have a few people to give/receive one-on-one support from. Thanks.

Replies

• donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Make small changes. I started by logging my food daily and added 10-15 minutes of walking each day. Each week I added another 5 minutes, Now I usually do at least 1 hour on the elliptical for my cardio. You can do this! Baby steps and be consistent! :)
  • cjasinski011684
    Options
    You can do it! Remember to make life changes that last, not just little diet changes. Don't starve yourself, and allow yourself to have a little treat once in a while! And, find something fun to do so it doesn't feel like working out! I love belly dance, zumba, yoga, and taking my puppy for walks. You can totally do it, don't let yourself talk you out of it!