Gross But What Do You Count After Mild Food Poisining

Options
My BF and I tried out a new curry place in the neighborhood and while the food was absolutely amazing, it didn't last very long in our bodies if you get my drift. I know this is gross, but I have no idea how to count these things because within 30 minutes of eating some Chicken Vindaloo it came right back up completely undigested.

Do I still count it? Later that evening, when I was feeling better, I was hungry so I ate a banana oatmeal muffin. Which one of those meals was my dinner?!

Thanks!!

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I count everything I eat. Undoing tracking for puking seems a little unsettling to me. I'd just resume normal eating operations as I felt better and go from there... Maybe make a note in my diary.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'd log them both and count the barfing as a bonus :) No really, it's kinda not about the entries in the journal, but more about the results, right!?
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Since one day isn't going to make or break you I would just log it. And I'm assuming this doesn't happen often to you so just move on.
  • maria_tm1978
    Options
    I count everything I eat. Undoing tracking for puking seems a little unsettling to me. I'd just resume normal eating operations as I felt better and go from there... Maybe make a note in my diary.

True. I suppose it won't hurt my efforts that much to just leave it in there and consider it a higher-calorie day. It happens and suppose it's a controversial and slippery slope to "undo" calories after puking as it can lead to disordered eating for some. I was just curious if anyone has something sciency to say about it. Thanks!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was a baby, she spit up more than normal. WAAAAY more than normal. It seemed that everything that went down came back up. I have two other children, so I knew what normal spit up would look like. Amazingly, she gained weight on schedule. There is no way to tell what your body absorbed.

Log it and count it as bonus, as was said above.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you got sick. I would record it and make a note that I was sick. It's helpful to see what effect the cursed chicken vindaloo would have had on your overall calories and macros for the day if nothing else, as that data helps in making choices about foods.
  • maria_tm1978
    Options
    Since one day isn't going to make or break you I would just log it. And I'm assuming this doesn't happen often to you so just move on.

Yeah, that's what I will do. I will consider it a high-calorie day. I have a funny digestive system and possibly food intolerances that make me queasy (too much dairy, too much fat [Ihave no gallbladder]), but I don't often regurgitate even when I eat something that doesn't agree with me unless, like this time, I REALLY must lose my lunch so to speak. And my BF suffered the "other" way not long after.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Log half. And call the place to complain.
  • maria_tm1978
    Options
    Log half. And call the place to complain.

LOL I would but quite honestly the food was REALLY good and the BF and I are up for giving the place a second chance sometime in the future
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Log it, or at least half of it, and don't eat that dish again!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'd count it all, including that muffin.