Im back...and with a new outlook

Options
So I guess this is a re-introduction. I'm Heather.. I am 37, 5'7", with about 47 lbs to lose to get to goal. I consider my re-start at January 1st (of course), so I have lost 8 lbs since then (probably mostly water). I started my "diet" then, but I started at the gym last Wednesday, Jan 8th, met with a personal trainer, and have worked out every single day. I'm doing 60 mins of cardio every day split between the elliptical and the treadmill. I also walk about 2.7 miles a day at lunch with a coworker. I'm doing a strength training circuit every other day that the trainer taught me, and hope to add more to that soon. Tomorrow will be my first group exercise class (ever!) and I am both nervous and excited..its the 30 minute xbike class at CalFit.

I have never felt so motivated, and I think my dedication to the exercise portion of my new life is key. I can diet all day every day, but I've never gotten the exercise going. That's my missing link. I really think if I concentrate on getting my body healthy and strong, the weight will come off along the way.

I'm so excited about the future!

Replies

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You will love how your body changes with the exercise. It's truly been the key for me, too. I've done all sorts of diets and extreme exercise programs, but without the two being in sync, the weight didn't come off. And when one starts to slip (like my diet has over the past months), you can tell. Your energy changes, along with your attitude about your journey. Keep up the great work!!!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great outlook! I am SURE you will have success!

I lost almost 50 pounds, but then - I don't know - just got TIRED of trying so hard! I tell people I've spend the last few months "practicing maintainence!" I gained a few #'s over the holidays (4) but need to now recommit to losing that 4, plus the last 25# I need to lose. I feel pretty positive about it...Break is OVER - I actually miss feeling more fit and I can FEEL that break I took with every drop of sweat! So, back to work!

Good luck to you! Stay positive!
  • DoriLuke
    DoriLuke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    zombiemomjo - Thats what I'm hoping - that this new method to my madness will help me mentally to stay positive. Also, I don't want to just get "skinny" cause as I've gotten older I realize that if I only "lose" the weight I could look pretty saggy, LOL! I need to tone up for sure :)
  • DoriLuke
    DoriLuke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    JuzDuIt - You've done great maintaining, and I think sometimes its okay to plateau and maintain for a little bit to find that motivation to lose the rest. Good luck!