N.O.-Xplode 2.0 Pre-Workout Question

Options
Anyone else drink this? It gives me CRAZY energy and I definitely feel a difference with my lifts, like there's just more oomph behind it. My problem is that it makes me feel super nauseous for a few hours. I was drinking it right after mixing, but the fizz and the nausea were not a good mixture, so I've started to let it settle for 15-30 minutes to let all the fizz settle, but I still get nauseous. Doesn't really affect my workout overall and I love the stuff, so willing to work around it if there's no solution - but it's unpleasant, so if there's a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Does anyone else get this and if so, have you found away around it?

Replies

• craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've never used a pre/intra workout booster, but maybe ask around at your gym and see if you could try a serving of someone else's brand? Maybe that particular brand doesn't set well with you. That's from BSN, right? I have been using Optimum Nutrition supplements with no side effects, but again like I said, I haven't been using a pre/intra product.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I use it. I've never really had the reaction that you have had. I can tell that I have more energy at the gym than the days that I don't take it. I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect or not. My brother works for GNC so he gives me some tips and heads up when new products come out. He said that NO Explode has creatine in it so it could make you retain water. As a heads up. When I'm done with my NO explode I'll be switching to Volt.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I've never used a pre/intra workout booster, but maybe ask around at your gym and see if you could try a serving of someone else's brand? Maybe that particular brand doesn't set well with you. That's from BSN, right? I have been using Optimum Nutrition supplements with no side effects, but again like I said, I haven't been using a pre/intra product.

Yep, it's from BSN. I use the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey and have really liked that, maybe I'll check to see if they do a pre-workout. I was skeptical, but now that I've used a pre-workout, I don't think I could ever *not*. It's a pretty big difference.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I use it. I've never really had the reaction that you have had. I can tell that I have more energy at the gym than the days that I don't take it. I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect or not. My brother works for GNC so he gives me some tips and heads up when new products come out. He said that NO Explode has creatine in it so it could make you retain water. As a heads up. When I'm done with my NO explode I'll be switching to Volt.

Do you drink coffee or caffeinated beverages typically? I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't normally have caffeine, maybe I'm just more sensitive to it.

I haven't heard of Volt - have you tried it? Is it better than the N.O.-Xplode?
  • roids001
    roids001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a laugh reading some of these guys side effects of using NO Xplode…take a look if your keen

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=507119
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Amino Energy is a pretty sweet, awesome tasting pre/intra. I like that it's only 100mg of caffeine per 2 scoops, so it doesn't jack you up like crazy.

No Explode actually does that to me, as does cardio igniter from top secret nutrition.Usually when I train fasted. It tends to settle down if I have food, or BCAAs. Maybe you could try eating just a lil bit of something (fruits?) just before you take it?

Never had that problem with Amino Energy. Nor with beta cret, which is another decent preworkout. I've heard really good things about Citadel Nutrition Tier 1, but have yet to try it myself, though. And if you're anything like me I would stay away from Cellucor C4. I got to try 2 samples (so 4 servings, really) and while it certainly gave me a buzz, I had the worst headache and nausea with it. I think it's the synephrine?

Anyways, once I get done with the stuff I have I think I'm gonna try to move towards no-stim pre's. Caffeine addiction is a bad thing, kids. So I'm sharing my experience, but I don't recommend you start relying on the stuff xD
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Do you drink coffee or caffeinated beverages typically? I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't normally have caffeine, maybe I'm just more sensitive to it.

I've tried Volt, I like it a lot more than my NO Explode. It's kind of expensive, but I get my brother's discount at GNC. I'm just trying to use up what I have left of the BSN before I get the Volt. I only drink 2 cups of coffee a day. It could be that you are more sensitive to the caffeine.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Those are some really expensive pre-workout caffeine pills you are popping there.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    How much do you use?

Different Pre's effect people in different ways. You might be able to find something else by a different manufacturer that doesn't cause you the side effects.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Are you using a full scoop of NO Explode? The directions on the container suggest starting out with 1/2 of a scoop.

I use NO Explode and usually mix it with Xtend for my pre-workout. I don't use a full scoop of either, usually just a 1/2.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I've used it. IT can be the creatine causing the nausea, but it can also be the stimulant causing that reaction.

I'm using C4 now and pretty happy with the results.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I would bet it's the caffeine. Caffeine (coffee, tea, etc.) in itself agrees with me fine, but if I take a pre-workout with a form of caffeine like Methylxanthine I get this nauseous hyper sensation that take a couple of hours to go away.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

My bestie/roommate and I used protein quiet a bit- and they were out of our regular stuff so she picked up one with low level creatine- it make me nauseated for HOURS. Can't touch the stuff- some supplements just have that affect- I'm not big on extra's protein is the deepest I go into that stuff- but check other products- I certainly wouldn't' continue to take a product that made me feel ill constantly.

Maybe it was caffiene but I drink POTS of it a day- so to me that seems really not logical. But I could be wrong.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    If you are caffeine sensitive, the original N.O. Xplode is caffeine free.

It's not always the caffeine, soemtimes it's particular stimulants. Sometimes creatine can cause nausea and bloating, but not all forms have that effect.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I take N.O. Xplode on an empty stomach it kind of makes me feel a little sick. I make sure I have one of my small meals a little bit before I take my pre-workout so my stomach isn't completely empty. I've tried C4, N.O. Xplode and Jack3d (before they changed it?) and I think they all work pretty well.
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pre workouts are a scam for the most part. 300mg of caffeine will make anyone have "crazy energy" for a few weeks of taking it. The problem is you get used to it and then when you cycle off you have a week or two of terrible workouts because you've become dependent on that oomph from the pre workout. I've taken a bunch of different ones over the years but nothing really ever compared to jack3d and napalm before they removed the DMAA. If you want a preworkout that doesn't fizz and make you nauseous, look into micro dosed ones like jack3d and 1MR. In all honesty though you could get the same effect from taking an L-arginine powder/caps and downing a cup of black coffee before you workout and you'll save a ton and won't get all the artificial sweetners. Other than caffeine and arginine PWOs are largely full of ineffective "snake oil" or contain ingredients that do work but are way underdosed, especially If the ingredients list says "proprietary blend" on it.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    I would advise staying far away from Jackd3d. Unlike NO Xplode, C4, and some others, it works by vasoconstriction rather than vasodilation. You will probably feel a big difference, but it's not at all healthy and can be dangerous.
  • nickv86
    nickv86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use no xplode as a pre. I have had good results with it and depending on how empty my stomach is determines how much it affects me. Empty stomach it gives me the jitters a little bit but if I train on a full stomach it's not so bad. Anything w a high dose of caffeine will make you feel shaky/jittery. I use 2 scoops but it's because my body is used to it. As someone said earlier the amino energy by Optimum Nutrition is good too, but it doesn't have creatine in it. I've used that also with a mixture of metabolic nutrition CGP.