Which fitbit?

Options
I looked at these a couple of years ago when I first joined MFP but at the time they were quite expensive in the UK and not that easily available, except online.

I've looked again recently at they seem to have loads around now. I would like one that tracks sleep and ideally not the zip one as I'd like the leave it on all the time. Which makes me think flex.

However, I like the screen on the one.

The flex has the benefit of being on all the time and being able to go in the water too. I have no idea which one is best. Does the 'one' do anything the flex doesn't, expect have the screen?

Also with regards to calories burnt, does it work on a more personal level, for example - I'm a big guy and walking 5 miles will burn more calories than somebody of a smaller weight. Or is it more general. I think what I'm trying to say is does it calculate total calories expended (even at rest)?

Replies

• Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've done a bit more research and fitbit force seems to be the one I want. The problem being I can't seem to buy it from a uk retailer. Hence, not coing up on the site. I could buy online but Theres a risk of having to pay expensive shipping and possible customs charges. I'll keep looking.
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    I ended up choosing the flex over the force because the water resistance and ability to change the band outweighed the screen and stair counter on the force, for me.

Flex:
    Pros: water resistent, can replace the band if it breaks.
    Cons: no stair counter, no digital display

Force:
    Pros: digital display, stair counter
    Cons: can't replace band, much less water resistance
  • MadCat
    MadCat Posts: 16
    Options
    I upgraded from the Zip to the Force and will never look back! I love this thing!
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love my force!! All I wanted was the water resistance but I can manage without it...it was more of a convenience thing considering i wasn't really active in the shower or taking steps. I got my sister the flex and she likes it. I think you can't go wrong with either if you're going to get one.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I really like the "one". I wanted something more discreet that I wouldn't have to wear on my wrist when I'm dressed professionally.

If you have one of the phones that it syncs with it you don't really need the digital display as you can always check it on your phone.

It does count total calories including rest, once you get it calibrated to your body.