I've hit a Weight Loss Plateau

Options
Any advice on how to break out of this Weight Loss Plateau??????

Replies

• BeSexy
    Options
    Change you workout. Take a close look at what your eating to see if it needs to be changed.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    how do you calculate your calories burned? If you don't have a HRM the numbers may be off by as much as 30%, and I noticed you tend to eat your exercise calories. Also when entering in calories burned be sure to take off the calories you would have burned at rest anyway, or you will be double counting those. Say you burn 1.25 cals per minute at rest and exercise for 60 minutes and your HRM (or MFP) says you burned 500 cals. you will should only enter 475 into your exercise database (500 burned minus 75 (60x1.25) the amount you would have burned anyway).

I also agree with the first responder that you should change up your routine. Workout routines should be changed every 4-6 weeks as you body gets use to doing the same thing and will burn less calories doing the exact same workout.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about your plateau. Your diary looked good to me. And I hope you reach your goals.

But can I just say congratulations and your profile made me cry, in a good way. What an amazing story. It will be with me all day. Thank you for sharing.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing your workout? Upping your calories?
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Try really increasing your workouts...aim to get 30 minutes of cardio at least 3/4 times a week...that helped me with mine!

Also....plenty of water!! I cannot stress how important that water is :flowerforyou:

Try zig zagging your calories too...this may help boost your metabolism!

You could also see if green tea helps? :flowerforyou:

Good Luck :happy:
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing any water on your diary-this is very key-i learned the hard way after a almost 4 week no loss plateau.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys...My eating habits have not been terrible but also not the best for the last month or so...I'm going to try eating different foods and cutting out the 100 calorie packs... :grumble: :sad:

erickirb - When I enter the calories burned during excecise I'm really just guessing so you have a valid point...I really want/need a Body Bugg or some other device that can track my actual calories burned...I'm trying to save to be able to afford one that actually works.

treasurep - I do drink alot of water but I have to admit that I dont log it on MFP (i dont know why)

I eat the same breakfast every morning (oatmeal) which I want to change - I'd like to be able to have a heartier breakfast that has more protien but I also need it to be something that I can possible prepare and eat at work..I love egg whites but honestly I dont see myself cooking up some eggs every morning before work.
    I've also been noticing a slump in my energy levels latley, I currently DO NOT take a multi vitamin because I cant seem to find one that doesnt upset my stomach but I know I need to be taking one. :tongue:

My motivation is still strong so I'm thankful for that I'm just in a temporary slump and I just want to re-vamp my diet and try to be even heathier that I am now.. I still have like 70 more pounds to lose before I reach my ultimate goal...Thanks you guys for all of your suggestions and please feel free to give me more :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: