Wanting to start good life habits now.

Options
Hello, all!

I am new to MFP and have logged my meals for 5 days in a row now. I'm not planning to be too hardcore about calorie counting, since I'm really trying to make a whole life change, instead of a quick weight loss fix. I just thought it would be good to be more aware of how many calories are in the things I've been mindlessly putting into my body. My goal is less about a number and more about fitting into a size 12 pair of jeans, but I am in no hurry to push myself. Like I said, I'm really looking to make a lifelong change.

I'm coming off of several years working unbelievably stressful urban education and mental health social service jobs, all of which were so chaotic and all-consuming that I've sort of lost sight of myself and have just been barely getting by mentally. I finally worked up the courage to quit my job last month and register to finish up my Master's degree, and now have much more time and mental energy to start to take care of myself. That's what led me to join MFP.

I am very caring and social person, so the community aspect of MFP appeals to me. Feel free to add me as a friend (with a message), especially is you are a feminist, an atheist, an educator, a pet-lover, or happily chiildfree by choice, like me. :glasses:

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Make this place work for you and you can get quite a bit from it. This place has all types.
    (Bumping your thread to give it some additional exposure)
    :smooched:
  • ZoeOnly
    ZoeOnly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the awesome welcome! :happy: