work as excercise??

Options
When I joined I put in sedentaery as I wanted to be sure I didn't eat too many calories.....I base my diet on 1200 right now...am just starting.

I do go to the gym but sometimes I have a longer day at work and don't. I own a cookie factory..I know perfect for for losing weight...I am on my feet the whole time, I lift the big bags of flour and sugar, I am squatting, scooping, and running around the place all day long. So like today I was on my feet from 5:30-12:30-1 no stop never sat, moving pretty constantly....

My question is...is it too much or wrong for me to put in like 15 minutes of excercise on database to first of all show the activity and secondly to have the calore buffer? OR am I setting myself up???

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Work is work and exercise is exercise. Best not to conflate the two. Besides, adding 15 minutes seems....random. Better to just adjust your activity level accordingly
  • PennyCrow
    PennyCrow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get something like the FitBit that will keep track of your calories burned. It will automatically adjust your calories as needed. But for exercise... make time for the exercise your body needs. You deserve the time. It is good for your body and mind. Being a business owner, I am one too, is hard work. Take time to take care of you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Just up your activity level...you're obviously not sedentary. Even if you added 15 minutes of some random exercise, that would not be enough calories. Select the activity level that best describes your day to day WITHOUT actual exercise and log purposeful exercise when you do it.
  • missyont
    Options
    You aren't sedentary! Change that!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You should accurately adjust your activity level to reflect your work. Leave exercise logging for activities above and beyond the demands of your everyday life.

A general rule of thumb is if you were doing it regularly before you decided to get active, it doesnt count as exercise.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Yea. Change your activity level.