Need dip recpies

Options
JoyJulRay
JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
Sat. Is first game for Alabama football..(Roll Tide) I need some healthy dip recipes, anyone have any good Ideas.

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE radish cream.

You need a food processor, fat free cream cheese (8 oz), a bunch of red radishes, some pepper, and at least a tablespoon of prepared horseradish.

Blend all ingredients. It's amazing with fresh vegetables. And pink, which may not make it the best tail-gating food..... It's particularly good with fresh sugar peas. And bell peppers. And tiny tomatoes..... and a spoon, if you're into that kind of thing....
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Any dip you would normally make with mayo or sour cream, try substituting low fat or non fat greek yogurt. Guacamole(yes, high in fat but a healthy one), salsa & hummus are great healthy options.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I LOVE radish cream.

You need a food processor, fat free cream cheese (8 oz), a bunch of red radishes, some pepper, and at least a tablespoon of prepared horseradish.

Blend all ingredients. It's amazing with fresh vegetables. And pink, which may not make it the best tail-gating food..... It's particularly good with fresh sugar peas. And bell peppers. And tiny tomatoes..... and a spoon, if you're into that kind of thing....

This sounds yummy .
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I just bough a dip that sounds to die for! I can't wait to eat it! It's spinach dip with crab meat and it's only 80 calories for 2 tbsp! Walmart!
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    I LOVE radish cream.

• JoyJulRay
    Options
    this sounds great..and i love radishes..thanks
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I made this spinach dip last night:

Ingredients
    Half Package (10 oz/284 g) fresh spinach
    ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
    ¾ cup fat-free cream cheese
    ½ tsp minced garlic
    2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    salt and pepper

Method
    1. Rinse spinach and shake off excess water. In a sauté pan cook until leaves are wilted; drain excess water and moisture from wilted leaves.
    2. In food processor, add spinach, yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste; mix until everything comes together. Avoid over-processing as you don’t want it pureed.

You may prepare this up to a day in advance. Serve with vegetables or fat-free pita chips. It also works well in small round bread; hollow out bread, saving what you remove. Removed pieces can be used along with vegetables for dipping.

Yield: 12 ounces (6 servings – ¼ cup per person)

Nutritional Information:
    Calories…………………56.8
    Fat………………………...0.5 g
    Protein……………………7 g
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I got the spinach dip recipe from another website: http://www.wellspringacademies.com/recipes.html

Someone on here posted this website the other day, they have several different recipes. Also, in my hungry girl cookbook there is a buffalo chicken dip if you are interested, I will dig out the book and post the recipe, just let me know.
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love hummus. Fantastic World Foods hummus mix is delicious and costs far less than prepared hummus. Look for it in the health food section of your supermarket.

You just add olive oil and water. 2 tablespoons has 60 calories, 2g fat, and 7g carbs. You can add all kinds of flavorings like garlic, onion, roaster peppers, etc. You can cut back on the olive oil a little to make it lower in fat. I love to eat it with celery sticks and mini carrots.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    bump!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You can make a normal dip, like vegetable dip or french onion dip, just use fat free sour cream to make it instead of the regular stuff. Pretty simple, just that and the packet that you can buy at the store. You could even buy a ranch packet and do that. I make vegetable dip on a regular basis and eat it with tons of veggies for a snack. Some days, I'll even make myself a HUGE plate of veggies and eat that with the dip for dinner!