Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating 6 meals a day or 3 meals a day?

Hello,

Just wanted to get people's opinion/advice on weight loss eating plan. I have about 10 kilos to loose and would like to do it the healthy way, but ideally want to loose this in 2 months, which I think may be realistic. Anyways, I have been reading that actually it is better to eat 6 small meals a day to increase metabolim and energy levels. I just feel a bit apprehensive doing this as I'm not used to eating that much and that many times during the day. I'm also planning to do the Insanity program as exercise goes hand in hand with weight loss :). Also, it seems that it is important to eat 1200 calories min (depending on height and weight) to stay healthy, but i do feel like that it a lot of calories to be consuming. Has anyone experienced not loosing weight because you're not consuming enough calories as it's also something I have been looking into. Looks like it is better to eat 6 small meals a day, incorporate 40-60 min cardio exercise and ensure to stick to a minimum calorie requirement?

Any comments would be much appreciated!

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    I prefer eating 300ish calorie meals 5 times a day. It's all about preference though. You'll need more than 1200 calories a day if you're doing Insanity. I did Insanity in 2013, and lost 27 pounds eating 1800ish calories a day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Meal timing shouldn't affect your weight loss substantially. Find whichever plan works best for you in terms of energy levels and feeling full and satisfied.

1200 calories is a minimum not because you stop losing weight below it but because you risk nutrient deficiency and muscle loss when you eat too little for you size and activity levels. Insanity is one of the programs that comes with a nutrition guide, right? What does it recommend you should be eating on the program?

You should probably be aware that a lot of people don't see much loss in the first weeks of the Insanity progress because of the water retention from such a high impact program. Be sure that you give it some time before deciding whether or not it's working.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Hello,

Just wanted to get people's opinion/advice on weight loss eating plan. I have about 10 kilos to loose and would like to do it the healthy way, but ideally want to loose this in 2 months, which I think may be realistic. Anyways, I have been reading that actually it is better to eat 6 small meals a day to increase metabolim and energy levels. I just feel a bit apprehensive doing this as I'm not used to eating that much and that many times during the day. I'm also planning to do the Insanity program as exercise goes hand in hand with weight loss :). Also, it seems that it is important to eat 1200 calories min (depending on height and weight) to stay healthy, but i do feel like that it a lot of calories to be consuming. Has anyone experienced not loosing weight because you're not consuming enough calories as it's also something I have been looking into. Looks like it is better to eat 6 small meals a day, incorporate 40-60 min cardio exercise and ensure to stick to a minimum calorie requirement?

Any comments would be much appreciated!

There's no boosting metabolism with frequent meals.

Nobody in the history of ever has failed to lose weight by eating too little.