needs a few help and a little information

Options
Hi,

My name is Janelle, I have had fluctuating weights since last year, im only 5"2 and currently about 128 lbs. In a week sometimes I can go down until 122 lbs. Its because I dont eat, not because I dont want to, but, I work in the hotel industry for group reservations, and I work 9 hrs a day. If I oversleep, I wont be able to bring any food with me at work which ends up me not eating anything for 9 hours because Im not a fan of fastfood or even 7/11. So I stay on my desk. When Im on diet and budget, i eat mostly boiled eggs, i cook ground pork with either cabbages, green beans or and green leafy veggie, I drink milk and yakult and buy canned peaches and I dont drink softdrinks AT ALL. My problem is, even if i only eat this small amount of food I cant seemt o maintain my weight like 120 or I dont go down 120 lbs. Im from the Philippines and Im 23 y/o and in like 3 months time, it's already summer, and i really would love to wear a bikini and rock it in Boracay :)

Do I have to really try and eat and increase calorie intake?

PS
I run for 30mins-1hr on weekends. i dance too...sometimes.

Replies

• jxp047
    jxp047 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am 5'2 and 23 years old also, and I know what it is like to go long hours without eating too!

The truth is, it is VERY important to feed your body every 3-6 hours! Even something small. When I am at school or doing rotations, I often have almonds in my pocket to nibble on whenever I get a chance. Going for long hours without eating just confusing your body and metabolism. Try to eat and keep yourself hydrated.

When I started lifting weights on top of cardio, I I lost weight. Building muscle is important to weight lose.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You should try to eat more at work on those long days. Do you like nuts, and do they have them at 7/11 in the Philippines? That's what I usually get :)

I think you should log here in detail for a couple of weeks, and then you'll get a feel for how many calories you eat in different situations. Average them for a week or two and compare that to your TDEE. Then you'll have an idea of what to do.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    (For the TDEE, and you can subtract 10% or 20% to lose weight, etc, with this site.)