my fellow 5.2 ft friends

Options
what are your maintenance cals? I am just wondering what others my height maintain at?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I am a little taller @ 5'5" and MFP has me maintaining at about 1500 calories without exercise. It seems about right.
  • barloski
    Options
    In my 30s and early 40s it was around 1500-1600 for me. I was quite active. Didn't do regular exercise (workouts) beyond walking everywhere and just being naturally energetic (swimming, diving, horse riding). My metabolism has slowed now and I'm rather inactive.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would guess my maintenance is between 1400 to 1600 calories. I am very sedentary. I am 5'2.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx. i was doing 16-1700 but doing either t25 or clx.. I feel like i have gained, well i know i have 4 lbs but it looks like more... even a co worker today said my butt is bigger,lol... so i have dropped to 1370 for now ( which i am having a heard time staying at) till i get the weight back off and then try to find a happy medium i guess. I am going to order p90x3 and not sure how my cals will be affected with that...
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    You look very fit, are you sure it's not muscle? And bigger glutes are awesome!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and losing a pound a week at 1500. I eat my exercise calories back. Of course I am 30 pounds overweight.
  • lin7604
    Options
    You look very fit, are you sure it's not muscle? And bigger glutes are awesome!

oh no it's not muscle. I did clx and got great results from that and then did t25. i was a lot leaner. I didn't gain sizes or weight really till i went on vacation for almost 2 weeks over new years. Came back last wed night.....I am trying to lose those 4 lbs now but i just got TOM so i know it's a losing battle till that is done. I have more lower belly fat and love handles that i didn't have before and my obliques are fading.... I stopped logging back in sept to give myself a mental break and i know i was eating more at maintenance...but i didn't think it would actually change my body composition that much since weight and size is the same, but it has :(
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1470 calories, but I'm pretty active at least 4-5 times a week. If I go over, or use too many of the calories I burn, I can still gain...slower metabolism, I guess. I keep it between 116-118 lbs.
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Roughly 1500 I would guess. Back before I started weight loss, that seemed to be my baseline intake before I started restricting. Right now I'm trying to lose on a 1200 cal plan that supposedly will have me lose .7 per week.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just switched to TDEE last week and am maintaining at 1650 (includes exercise calories). I am 5'1" and 100 lbs. I am looking to increase that incrementally over time.
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I am 5"2.5, unemployed and a student who goes in to University 3-4 times a week. I work out quite intensely about 6 hours a week. My TDEE is around 2200 and I am currently working my way up to eating that much (working my way up slowly after being in a deficit for quite a while)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    My TDEE is between 2400-2800. Just depends on how active I am. I am 5'3" and 119 pounds.
  • strongerthanexcuses406
    Options
    I am new to this. I am doing 1200 per day and not sticking to it at all. Maybe I need to up my calories? I tend to do really well all day when I am at work, and then eat double what I have left in calories when home at night. UGGGGGG!!!!
  • lin7604
    Options
    My TDEE is between 2400-2800. Just depends on how active I am. I am 5'3" and 119 pounds.

omg no way, i wish i could eat even 1900-2000 cals and stay slim!
  • lin7604
    Options
    I am new to this. I am doing 1200 per day and not sticking to it at all. Maybe I need to up my calories? I tend to do really well all day when I am at work, and then eat double what I have left in calories when home at night. UGGGGGG!!!!

That is my prob too 100%. i can eat great all day and stay with what i planned to but once i get home... ugh...
  • wdschmitt
    wdschmitt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5"2 and just started doing 1200 calories a day! I have a desk job also, so I started turbofire on Monday! I am wanting to lose 15 pounds total and tone!
  • rachellebeseman
    Options
    find your maintenance calories by adding or subtracting in your case 200cal's daily after assessing in 1-2 weeks until you find your formula...200 cal's daily is the general "fitness" guidelines for adjusting cals...sounds like you are already doing that:-)

also, the more muscle you have the more food you get:-) lift heavy!!!
  • tegalicious
    Options

Yes way! Keep in mind I frequently get 30000 steps Monday-Friday. And that doesn't include my running and weight training. Lots of activity means lots of tasty noms!
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options

Yes way! Keep in mind I frequently get 30000 steps Monday-Friday. And that doesn't include my running and weight training. Lots of activity means lots of tasty noms!

Out of curiosity, how do you get that many steps in? :)
  • emmckinney45
    Options
    Wow! I do the exact same thing: do good during the day, maintaining a good calorie progression towards my total caloric intake (on this site, which I just started today, it is 1200, but on another site, it's 2000), then, at night - BAM!!! I feel like I am literally STARVING, then I kind of binge out! I have bought more healthy snacks, such as carrots and granola bars, and trying to drink more water, but I sometimes feel I need something more filling before I go to bed! And although I love the Smart Ones brand meals, I feel like I am hungry within an hour of eating them. It is just nice (?) to know that someone is going through the same thing I am. We are gonna have to do better! :) We can do it!