Hello Fitness Pals

Options
I just joined the site yesterday. Using a site like this one is a big help in keeping track of my nutrition and exercise. I had been using my-calorie-counter.com but it had a few problems, which this site addresses. My wife and I are both working on our health, and keeping journals. On the other site, I could not add custom food items on my account and see them on her account. This made entering meals onto the journals double the work. Here, we can easily share the custom food entries. So, compliments to the webmaster!

Over many years of getting fit, and then getting fat, I have learned that journaling, for me, is the best way to take control of things.

My personal mission is to get down to about 204 pounds, which would put me at about 15% body fat. Since I started this, at the end of February, I have lost 20 of the 44 pounds needed to meet this goal. The real motivation however, has been some disappointing lipid and glucose numbers on my last blood screening, plus stage one hypertension at 140/95 or worse. Yesterday morning the BP was 110/70, so it is already working.

I look forward to using this site for Carol and myself. I have a feeling this needs to be a lifetime pursiuit.

Take care.
SG

Replies

• SteveGoTex
    Options
    I just joined the site yesterday. Using a site like this one is a big help in keeping track of my nutrition and exercise. I had been using my-calorie-counter.com but it had a few problems, which this site addresses. My wife and I are both working on our health, and keeping journals. On the other site, I could not add custom food items on my account and see them on her account. This made entering meals onto the journals double the work. Here, we can easily share the custom food entries. So, compliments to the webmaster!

Over many years of getting fit, and then getting fat, I have learned that journaling, for me, is the best way to take control of things.

My personal mission is to get down to about 204 pounds, which would put me at about 15% body fat. Since I started this, at the end of February, I have lost 20 of the 44 pounds needed to meet this goal. The real motivation however, has been some disappointing lipid and glucose numbers on my last blood screening, plus stage one hypertension at 140/95 or worse. Yesterday morning the BP was 110/70, so it is already working.

I look forward to using this site for Carol and myself. I have a feeling this needs to be a lifetime pursiuit.

Take care.
    SG
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome both of you, glad to have you here.
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME.....sorry to have missed your post yesterday! But here I am today to wish you both the best on your goals! I :heart: MFP !!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    good luck! :flowerforyou: