Healthy savoury crepe recipe?

Options
xoTalim
xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
My mom is planning to make some savoury crepes tomorrow for dinner. I asked her for her recipe and figured that each crepe(without anything inside), would be about 150 calories. That's way too much, so I'm wondering if anyone has a healthy recipe for crepes that doesn't require too many weird or obscure ingredients. Thanks! :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    make protein pancakes with unflavoured protein? or just make a thin egg white "crepe"? or eat the filling without the crepe?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've tried protein powder in crepes and it was a disaster, lol. Super dry and bleh.

The ones I make are 120ish calories but they're 7x7 (I use a small crepe pan). I have no problem fitting that in my day (I had four the other day... but I typically go light on the toppings so I can actually taste the crepe, so breakfast was 665 calories but I was full for hours).

My recipe is typically 3 large eggs (never tried with just egg whites, I suppose you could, but it would be a shame), 350g of flour (for savory buckwheat is best, but I have no idea how it would impact the calorie count, whole wheat works too), about 800g of milk (I use 2%) and just a teaspoon of oil. It makes 15 (as long as you put as little batter as possible in the pan, and you really need a good non stick pan). Or you can just use a third or two thirds of the recipe. Macros are about 120 calories, 18 carb, 2 fat, 5 protein.