DVD's of choice for above ground level apartment MFPers

Options
So I'm looking into maybe getting a DVD or two for rainy days or just a change of pace. Any of those challanges are great suggestions too, though I'd rather not pay over $50 for one DVD. My only 'requirements' would be do any of ya'll know any DVD's that arn't too 'jumpy'? I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment and my new downstair's neighbors are abit grumpy(whole 'nuther rant for another day) And any suggestions for possible solutions(mats? foam? ect?) would be appreciated as well

Any and everyone's ideas and suggestions are welcome, thanks!!

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Saw an informercial the other day for hip hop abs. Many older users commented that the jumping was minimal which was more gentle to their knees, ankles, etc.
    sounded like it would be a fun way to learn some hip dance moves.
    Amazon
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would look here. http://www.collagevideo.com/

You can watch free clips and find the perfect one for you. Like yoga!:flowerforyou:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My favorites: belly dance, yoga and Pilates sort of stuff (usually fusions with yoga or dance mat work).

If you are interested in a nice beginner's non-dancey bellydance (it's more of a slow workout with parts that teach muscle control -- while moving), I suggest Suhaila's Pilates DVD. It has a faster 'dance' part at the end that is more about muscle control and teaching beginning endurance for the art. The moves still work many muscles; it just might strike you as a boring 'dance', lol. I still do that one a lot because I like to use the muscles it works for my 'cardio' (and it's short). There is no choreography to learn on that one, btw.