I do this... So that I can...

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
Why are you here? What is your reason for being on MFP?

Here's a few of mine...

Boxing... So that I am strong enough to carry my 60 pound daughter from the car to the house and up to the second story and place her gently in her bed... Without waking her up.

Running... So that I can jog from the car to work in frigid temps and not freeze my eyeballs

Exercise... So that I can shovel my snow for an hour and not need a break.

Eat smarter... So that I can be healthy and teach my kids that it is possible to find a balance between treats and healthy food.

All of the above... So that I am healthier, more energetic, more fit, more athletic... And can out play and out last my kids!

Your turn... GO!

Replies

• coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    to simply keep my calories within range - then came the forums! LOL
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    *crickets*

I do this so that I can enjoy ice cream and pizza and not worry about whether it's making me fat.

:)
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I exercise and eat right to get my body fat down to a healthy range and avoid the family tradition of diabetes.

I lift weights to build strength to support other activities like running with a reduced risk of injury.

I run because I have learned how to do it and enjoy it from my beautiful, amazing friend MireyGal76.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I exercise and eat right to get my body fat down to a healthy range and avoid the family tradition of diabetes.

I lift weights to build strength to support other activities like running with a reduced risk of injury.

I run because I have learned how to do it and enjoy it from my beautiful, amazing friend MireyGal76.

*love this*
    You're the bestest brother ever!!!

Have I mentioned how thankful I am that you found my blog? *hugs*
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    So that I can eat all the food.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I dance because I love it and it is my art, so that I can dance with my children, and to be a good role model to my children, so they see that I always continued to do what I loved.

I lift weights to be strong, fit, maintain my youthful body, for bone density, health, to always be mobile and able, to help with past injuries, to show my daughters that women can be strong (it's just normal to them).

I walk to get from place to place.

I hike to spend time with my husband and children because those are some of my best memories.

I play with my children because they are only young for a short time, but the memories are something they will always have (I know cheesy, but still true).

I kickbox so that I can defend myself and it helps with my dance training.

I do yoga to improve my dance training and to relax.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Inspire my children to incorporate fitness into their lives and to be healthy.
    Inspire my husband to exercise and get healthy so he lives a nice long life.
    Keep my dog healthy by giving her regular exercise.
    Revel in the feeling of being fit and feel good about myself.
    Wear nice clothes.
    Enjoy the feeling of completing a run, a 10k, maybe some day a half marathon and marathon.
  • snowmaniac
    Options

*love this*
    You're the bestest brother ever!!!

Have I mentioned how thankful I am that you found my blog? *hugs*

I'm just as thankful that you were there to be found right when I was looking. :heart: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • snowmaniac
    Options
    So that I can eat all the food.

Count me in on this, too. :happy: :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    So I can maintain my awesomeness as I age. :drinker:
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So that i can be HOT!!! <----true story

ok lets keep it real
    if theres ever a zombie apocalypse,
    im gunna be able to beat those f*ckers!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I want to be off of some medication. My blood work results came in. I am so darn close to *not* be considered diabetic! I'm close to my goal. I'm right on the borderline!

I also want to walk more. I am working on that goal. Last summer, I walked a few two mile hikes with my husband.

I'm learning to be flexible with my goals due to my health. I'm probably learning patience also.

Thanks for posting this~
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I want to be off of some medication. My blood work results came in. I am so darn close to *not* be considered diabetic! I'm close to my goal. I'm right on the borderline!

I also want to walk more. I am working on that goal. Last summer, I walked a few two mile hikes with my husband.

I'm learning to be flexible with my goals due to my health. I'm probably learning patience also.

Thanks for posting this~

Grats! :) my gran was diagnosed with type2 diabetes.. and she said hell no. hit the gym changed her diet and was declared not diabetic shotly after! :) keep going :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Why do I do this?

So I can be inspired by all the fabulous friends I have here on MFP

Inspired to:

~ Run harder

~ Push further

~ Eat better (yes that includes pizza and Mexican food)

~ Smile BIGGER

~ and BELIEVE that..... I CAN BE an INSPIRATION to OTHERS!

Thank you Mireygal76 for ALWAYS seeing and bringing out the BEST in PEOPLE!
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry i missed the point of this thread i do this because :

I enjoy food but i maybe enjoy it too much and sadly i cant eat the amounts or types of food i want anymore without putting weight on.

So i do this so i can lose weight, feel and look good and eat some of the foods i want without feeling guilty or seeing an extra roll appear on my belly! :D
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i do this so that i can eat chocolate, and drink beer.

i do this because it makes me feel good.

i do this because it makes me look good.

because i can.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do this...So I can hold myself accountable for calories and fitness.

Most of the time:smokin:
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    So that I can waltz around in a bikini and know I look like a sexy beast.

So I can avoid the family pitfall of obesity.

So that my baby girl will know what health and strength looks like and grows up wanting to be the best version she could be.

Mostly just sexy naked though. :laugh:
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I often think about this...I started out because I wanted to lose weight...I wanted to LOOK GOOD!! NOW, I still want that but, I do it more for Health reasons then anything!

...I don't want to develop High BP that runs in my family.

...I am already Hypoglycemic so, I don't want to develop into a Diabetic.

...I want to be able to run and play with my girls.

...I want to be able to do things without relying on others to do them for me because I physically cant.

...I don't want to DREAD the hot summers because I am too hot to wear skimpier clothes (LOL). The only down fall...NOW, I GET TOO COLD!!!! LOL!!! But, at least I can pile on the layers...you can only take off so much when you're hot!!!

...And also, as others have said, I want our girls to know what it means to eat HEALTHY and to be Healthy & Active!!!

Thanks Sandra for helping me remember my WHY!!!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I do this so that i can keep off the 75 i have lost.

I do this so that i can eat my favorite things and know what i have to do to compensate

Mostly i do this because it is the one thing in life i CAN control and im control of. I do this because being fit feels great and no one can take that from me.

Oh and being almost 50 i do it for the " holy **** you look good " lol