Needing to lose 100+ pounds, Support would be lovely :)

Options
Hello, everyone! I'm 5'4 and weigh wayyyyyy too much for my height. I need to lose about 120-130 pounds to be where I was when I was healthy in high school. I feel uncomfortable health wise and just need a lifestyle change. This is something that I understand will take a lot of time but I'm really bad at doing things by myself and I would love the extra support! We can all be support buddies!

Replies

• WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'll help support you and I'm on everyday.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    There's a great group called "Let's Lose 100+!".
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    although my timeline does not show it (i began my journey a few months before I started tracking my wieght on MFP) i am almost down a hundred pounds from where I started. If I could do it i know that you can. This is a great site with constant encouragement. i do not have a large group of friends but it does keep you accountable for what you are doing. Congrat's on the decision to change your life.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    As Paula mentioned.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50173-let-s-lose-100-

Good group of nice people with a lot to lose.
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What Dan and Paula said...you would be welcome.

Sounds like you have the right attitude. Slow, steady, and forever; THAT''s the way to do it.

You have the power of youth on your side. Combine that with a modest calorie deficit and gentle daily exercixe like walking , and you will MELT AWAT before you know it.

Good luck!
  • elishalowe
    elishalowe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there and congrats for acting on living a healthy lifestyle. I just started tracking last week. This tool has helped in the past so decided to use it again. I am going to lose weight so that I'll be healthier and stronger when I turn 40 later this year. Please know that I'm rooting for you!
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Nice to meet you!

I'm Meagen, 5'3", 70-80 pounds to lose, & am 23 years old. I currently weigh 213 and am looking at hitting 135-145 within the next year (hopefully). I could definitely use some more upbeat & my-age girlies on my news feed as well!

Aside from the fitness/health side, I also rep the Geek Scene ~ Most of my time is taken up by League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, & beta testing. Wouldn't have it any other way. glasses I have an awesome supporters list going on right now, but I love meeting new people while motivating & supporting along the way ~ I know this can be a really tough journey!

Anyone is free to add me (ladies only, please!) ~ Feel free to shoot me a line!