Hi

Options
Hi, I'm JBug. Just started using MVP and like it. The more I use it, the better and mor accurate it gets. Anyway, I am a nurse practitioner 45 years old. Unfortunately I still have to work the occasional night shift which requires much mental and physical energy from 7 am to 7 pm. I'll be right on track with cals and exercise for the week, but despite my best intensions and efforts I am absolutely compelled to eat carbs (and not good ones) on the night shift and continuing into the next day...a lot of carbs. Needless to say I feel defeated, and can't even bear to record those shameful calories. I know this is a nasty cortisol driven biologic phenomenon, but it still STINKS! Anyone else out there with this issue?

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome jbug, glad you found us :)
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. First step is to add those dreaded carbs on you food intake. It helps you see what you are eating. And yes there are a lot of us that have the carb issue. What I wouldn't do for a really good sweet bread right now. (mouth watering) I also crave McDonalds french fries. BUT we have to know that it is not good for us to eat all that BAD food.:sad: You just need to get into that mindset that you can and will do it. Its your body and you will do with it what you want to. If you want to be healthy then you will and if you don't want to be healthy you won't work at it. YOU CAN DO IT. There is loads of support on here and the tools are great. I have been on here 3 weeks and lost 9 pounds. So stay and enjoy and add plenty of friends. Good to have you here.