20-25lbs to lose-- Looking for Encouraging MFP Friends

Options
Hello MFP World!

I am just coming back after a few years from using this (and even then it was more out of testing, not routine use). I'm turning 28 on April 3rd and want to lose 20lbs by then at 2lbs/week.

I love to run, but I also LOVE TO LIFT. The problem is my unconscious eating in the past or extreme diets (raw, paleo-you name it!). This time, I am focusing on moderation and eating clean while figuring out what works for my body and what feels good, without dogmatic structure.

I've always wanted to see what my body could do with ~18% body fat versus the ~25% it has now. I anticipate more energy, more focus, and more optimism from eating well and working out.

I think this program is brilliant in terms of its support capabilities, and I want to make use of it! I am an encouraging MFP friend and hoping to gain some of the same.

Best of luck and support to whatever goals you have- you will achieve them!

Replies

• tropicaltiger
    Options
    WELCOME BACK-AS for me I have lost 94 pounds going on almost 100 pounds-I also love to workout-I love to lift squats dead leg lifts and bench and more-I know using MFP IT KEEPS ME MAKING SURE I DON'T OVER ARE UNDER EAT GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON WEIGHT LOSE JOURNEY >>YOU ARE WELCOME TO ADD ME:smile:
  • maxiewerewolf
    Options
    good luck to you. if i can be of any help let me know. i have the very same goals for the new year and a virtual network of support is a vast improvement over NO network at all. best always,
    an encouraging MFP friend (maxiewerewolf aka scott in northern california near santa rosa)
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    did you say lift? I have a workout plan that might fit you.
    EAT you say? heck just eat and yeap in moderation. have a plan for that too.
    add me up!
  • SarahLadd2014
    Options
    Looks like we both have the same goal 25% down to 17-18% body fat, at that loss we should be able to work towards a six pack!! Good luck :)